No Floor Counting

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I have had the Gear 3 watch since Christmas and it so far has counted 1 floor total. My house is a colonial with a basement. I bet I do 20 - 30 "floors" a day when at home.

I read a support post that this functionality does not work well and some say it has something to do with what it counts as a floor. So if from the main floor to upstairs in 9 meters, it is not counted because maybe the watch only counts 10 meter floors.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just the way it is.

terobaje

Tero Baje
Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I have had the Gear 3 watch since Christmas and it so far has counted 1 floor total. My house is a colonial with a basement. I bet I do 20 - 30 "floors" a day when at home.

I read a support post that this functionality does not work well and some say it has something to do with what it counts as a floor. So if from the main floor to upstairs in 9 meters, it is not counted because maybe the watch only counts 10 meter floors.

You mean 10ft? I think the watch is setup to count 10ft of climb as a floor. So far, this has not been a problem for me as it has accurately counted floors since I got the watch. It would be nice if Samsung gave users the ability to change this and stride length.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site

It counts every 10 feet you go up. My house is 3 stories and it works perfect every time.

Whiskey619

May 14, 2017
Visit site
I haven't checked it since the update, but mine used to do the opposite: counting floors when I hadn't moved at all. I got the impression that it wasn't the most accurate sensor.

Jo Po

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site
Re: No Floor

Both the classic and frontier aren’t counting. I walked 12 flights in a Seattle building and the Frontier registered 2 and the Classic 0. My Fenix 5 and Apple Watch were all accurate to the t. That’s sad because I think the Gear S3 is one of the best out there and the watch should work for the money you spend on it. It’s obvious that Samsung could care less. This issue has popped up in forums for over a year now, and not been fixed.

terobaje

Tero Baje
Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: No Floor

Both the classic and frontier aren’t counting. I walked 12 flights in a Seattle building and the Frontier registered 2 and the Classic 0. My Fenix 5 and Apple Watch were all accurate to the t. That’s sad because I think the Gear S3 is one of the best out there and the watch should work for the money you spend on it. It’s obvious that Samsung could care less. This issue has popped up in forums for over a year now, and not been fixed.

Do you have auto-refresh on for altimeter? If so, turn it off and see if that helps.

rinkeedink

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

I just calibrated my altimeter in the app...I am going to see if that makes it start working better bc it has not been counting the stairs in my split level home reliably.

Cardell Thomas

Nov 5, 2018
Visit site

Cardell Thomas

Nov 5, 2018
Visit site
There may be a bit confusion between stairs, steps and floors. Floors are actually at the end of a flight of stairs. For example A floor is the actual whole level of the building. The flight of stairs are the steps used to reach the floor. ... You can walk across the first floor to see men's clothing, women's clothing and children's clothing. You can go up a flight of stairs to the second floor to look at the televisions.
I hope that helps!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463