Floor Count Accuracy

Connie429

Dec 26, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone else have doubts about this? I have a two story colonial house and the other day I made a fair number of trips up and down the stairs during the course of the day (basement to 2nd floor) and during the entire day, my Gear didn't register a single floor. That's just crazy

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Doubts about your results or doubts about the S3 ability to track floors, :)

I don't traverse stairs very often, but when I do, I've seen my S3 count them.

terobaje

Tero Baje
Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else have doubts about this? I have a two story colonial house and the other day I made a fair number of trips up and down the stairs during the course of the day (basement to 2nd floor) and during the entire day, my Gear didn't register a single floor. That's just crazy

Turn off "auto-refresh" for altimeter and it should count floors. Also, S3 only counts a floor if you climb at least 10ft at a time.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Turn off "auto-refresh" for altimeter and it should count floors. Also, S3 only counts a floor if you climb at least 10ft at a time.

I know the floor is measured by 10 ft and I can pretty much guarantee that each floor is at least that. I'll check on the altimeter setting. Thanks for the help.

While we're at it, I tried the GPS on the watch (no phone present) and although it has my general direction right, the map showed my course as if I was a drunken sailor staggering back and forth across the street. I think it also has me walking on water at one point. I have skills but not THAT many. :p

Whiskey619

May 14, 2017
Visit site
I'm pretty doubtful of it's accuracy. I turned mine off because it was congratulating me on climbing floors when I hadn't gone near a staircase in days. Very much the opposite of the problem you were having, but still a sign of inaccuracy.

Connie429

Dec 26, 2017
Visit site
Well I gave up on the floors. One day it was working perfectly and I thought all was well. I put it on the charger that night and the next day, nothing. No floors at all and I went up and down plenty. I give up