I'm having trouble with my S3 and Verizon's messaging app. I can receive the texts just fine through the watch, but cannot reply? When I hit reply it prompts an automatic notification that says "See Phone".

I haven't had any issue receiving or replying to texts from the watch with Textra, Google Messages or the stock messaging app, just this one.

Anyone seen this issue or have a fix?
    03-14-2018 05:13 PM
    So I'm the only one with this issue? Weird....
    03-15-2018 01:18 PM
    Are you referring to the Verizon Messages+ app?
    03-25-2018 09:08 AM
    Are you referring to the Verizon Messages+ app?
    Yes
    03-27-2018 06:35 PM
    I use the Vzw Messages+ app and have no issues. My S3 is only the BT model though. Is your S3 the Vzw model?

Correction: I was using the Samsung Messages app with no issues. I tried the Vzw messages+ app and could not reply to messages on my S3. Switched back to Samsung Messages.
    03-28-2018 07:40 PM
    Nope, BT model as well.
    03-29-2018 06:58 PM
    The Messages+ app simply doesn't work with the watch so there's no fix to it.

I use the Messages+ app on my phone (S8+), but just have notifications from the stock messaging app pushed to the watch with notifications from Messages+ turned off for the watch. From there I can just use the messaging app on the watch to reply or whatever. It works fine that way.
    03-29-2018 10:42 PM
    Correction: I have Samsung Messages app on my phone. Notifications from the app, in the Gear settings turned on and I get my messages and can reply to them from the watch, either thru the notification, or I can go into the messaging app on my watch and I get the message bubbles and can reply from there.
    03-30-2018 11:28 PM
    Dumb question but how did you do that? I can't seem to figure it out.

The Messages+ app simply doesn't work with the watch so there's no fix to it.

I use the Messages+ app on my phone (S8+), but just have notifications from the stock messaging app pushed to the watch with notifications from Messages+ turned off for the watch. From there I can just use the messaging app on the watch to reply or whatever. It works fine that way.
    06-11-2018 10:17 AM
    On your phone, go into the Samsung Gear app -> Settings -> Notifications -> Manage Notifications. Make sure that notifications for "Messages" is turned ON and "Message+" is turned OFF. In this configuration, you can use Message+ (Verizon) on your phone and Message (Samsung) on the watch. The only problem I am currently facing is that I get my delivery/read receipts from Message+ sent to the watch as incoming SMS notifications..... Had to turn off delivery/read receipts until I find a solution.
    Connert likes this.
    07-03-2018 03:04 PM
    On your phone, go into the Samsung Gear app -> Settings -> Notifications -> Manage Notifications. Make sure that notifications for "Messages" is turned ON and "Message+" is turned OFF. In this configuration, you can use Message+ (Verizon) on your phone and Message (Samsung) on the watch. The only problem I am currently facing is that I get my delivery/read receipts from Message+ sent to the watch as incoming SMS notifications..... Had to turn off delivery/read receipts until I find a solution.
    I just got my S3 Frontier yesterday. The configuration you've mentioned here works perfectly for me. Just wanted to say thanks.
    11B1P likes this.
    07-17-2018 06:53 AM
    Which messaging app do you have set as default on your phone? I have Message+ set as default, so the messages I receive aren't actually going to my Messages app, just Message+. My main issue with using Messages is I can't receive certain group messages, it is requiring Message+.
    08-23-2018 07:54 AM
    I stopped using the Verizon message app and just went to textra about 6 months ago. it was working great and then all of a sudden it just became unreliable. the pro version of textra does what I need to. Verizon app has potential but they just can't seem to get it all together.
    Oliveoyl143 likes this.
    08-23-2018 07:59 AM
    Which messaging app do you have set as default on your phone? I have Message+ set as default, so the messages I receive aren't actually going to my Messages app, just Message+. My main issue with using Messages is I can't receive certain group messages, it is requiring Message+.
    Android Messages. Works fine with the S3.
    08-26-2018 03:45 PM