Using S3 and Fit 2 pro at same time?

michail71

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Well, not using both simultaneously but I'm wondering if there are issues having two devices paired to one phone?

I'm thinking of getting a Fit Pro 2 to use for OCR races as I'm concerned the S3 may not be up to taking the mud, water, blood and other filth often encountered on such activities.

Does a dual setup work? If so are there any sync issues? I know there can be plenty of sync issues with just one device.

michail71

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Paired? No. But you can't have 2 connected for the same profile at the same time.

So there is no way to switch between a Fit Pro 2 and S3?

That seems like it would be a downside to someone that does a bit of swimming or water activities.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to have both connected. Your sync should be fine on the phone, but you won't be able to sync what you did on one device to the other device. However, they should both be in your S health.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I tried this briefly with my Gear S3 and Gear Fit 2. I wanted to use the Fit 2 strictly for sleep tracking since it's a lot more comfortable to wear to bed. It mostly worked...both watches would sync data to my phone just fine and one thing I loved is that it was very seamless switching watches in that the Gear app would detect which watch was on my wrist and automatically connect to that one and disconnect from the one I took off. The issue I ran into is that every time I took one off and put the other one on, I would have to go into the Gear app and turn app notifications back on for the one I was currently wearing. Maybe it was due to the fact I'm using a Pixel 2 XL, but it became quite annoying so I kind of gave up on the idea and have never revisited the issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana