How many apps are available for the S3?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I see references that there are "limited" apps for this watch. Limited is never quantified. Looking at Google, I cannot find any list or reference. Is there 20 apps? 50? 200? Anyone have a ballpark? Or a way to see a list of apps? Seems like it is purposefully being hidden, which causes me concerns about buying this watch.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I see references that there are "limited" apps for this watch. Limited is never quantified. Looking at Google, I cannot find any list or reference. Is there 20 apps? 50? 200? Anyone have a ballpark? Or a way to see a list of apps? Seems like it is purposefully being hidden, which causes me concerns about buying this watch.
There are at a lot of apps available for the S3. I would say hundreds. How many are useful? In opinion, not many. I'd say the same for Apple watch apps though. I don't see the point of wearing a watch for apps. I wear it as an assistant to my phone. A place that I can get messages or small pieces of information so that I'm not pulling my phone out all the time. For that, the Gear S3 is excellent. So is the Apple Watch. If you asked about a specific app or type of app, it might be more helpful.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You can't access the Gear apps without pairing the phone to a Gear device.

So, yes, it is hidden from potential buyers.

Well yeah. What makes everyone think they have the right to look at anything they want, without having to have some sort of connection to the service? That's like saying I don't have access to the Apple app store because I don't use an iPhone. If I ever want to see what's available on Apple, I'll buy an iPhone (probably won't ever happen tho, lol)

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
You can't access the Gear apps without pairing the phone to a Gear device.

So, yes, it is hidden from potential buyers.
So the Gear part of the Samsung App store doesn't show up without a Gear device? I guess it's been so long since I didn't have a gear device that I forgot. That and I don't download many apps at all.
68b8a1e2d0daa16852763eb5fee86734.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888