Gear S3 not charging

yoggee

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Tried to charge the Gear S3 this morning but the dock didn't have the red light up. I cleaned the dock, back of the watch etc, unplugged and plugged the dock (3 lights came up, red green orange indicating ready mode), placed the watch on it and nothing. Online chat rep suggested reset and I did that but still not charging.

Battery is now at 50% and I don't dare to use it try anything right now. No way to charge it. This is the first time this happened.

Anyone has experienced this and have suggestions how to? Have my watch for two years now.
Thanks.

yoggee

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I was having issues as you describe. Ended up replacing the battery and seemed to have fixed the issue. Mine also is two years old.

Did you change the battery yourself? I'm wondering if the watch repair stores could do it. I watched a YT video and the battery is square. I went to the Samsung store and they checked that it is the watch that is not charging. Suggested an authorized fix it store to get an estimate.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Mine had a similar issue and replaced the battery myself with no issues. Bought it on ebay for about $25. Very easy to do if your comfortable with this your of work especially after watching the YouTube video. My watch has been like brand new every since.

yoggee

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
My partner is more adept in these kind of things. If you do have a link to the ebay seller, could you list it here or PM me? Thanks so much. Those I find on ebay, the sellers ship from China.