Gear S3 measures too far on running

nomadjw

Mar 7, 2019
Visit site
My Gear S3 watch is used for activity tracking, mainly because my other devices' HR straps kept failing, and I wanted a wrist measurement HR, even though the accuracy is not as great.

My issue started a few days ago, when my watch all of a sudden started measuring longer distances on my runs that what is true. On one run, measured 10.12km instead of the actual 9.1km, and this morning measured 7km instead of the actual 5km.

On the first run, I was running a little faster, i.e. longer strides, whereas the 5km this morning was a slow recovery run, very short strides. This leads me to believe that it may be measuring distance using the pedometer, but I cannot find a setting for that anywhere.

I don't carry my phone with me, and the watch does confirm GPS location before I start the run. It was always very accurate and over the last week it has changed, without me having changed anything on the watch.

Please help! I am a big guy, and the watch is telling me I am averaging 4m30s/km!:D It is rather frustrating.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc