On my new s10+ I have some contacts that I want to receive SMS's from, but I do not want the SMS notifications on my phone from them ( they are work related).

So I have their SMS notifications blocked under their respective contacts on my phone (custom notifications -> Show notifications is set to OFF).

This works fine on the s10+, I.e i still get the SMS, but i don't get the notification.

However, the notifications still come up on my watch ( Gear s3 Frontier) despite the notifications being blocked on my phone.

Anyone else have this issue and is there a fix? Or is this working as designed?
    04-03-2019 09:33 PM
    I moved this to the Gear S3 forum for more specific traffic.
    04-03-2019 10:12 PM
    On your phone, open the "Galaxy Wearable" app.
    Scroll down to Notifications and click on it.
    Click on "Manage notifications"
    Turn off the notifications that you don't want to receive at your watch.
    04-04-2019 06:34 PM
    On your phone, open the "Galaxy Wearable" app.
    Scroll down to Notifications and click on it.
    Click on "Manage notifications"
    Turn off the notifications that you don't want to receive at your watch.
    But this only gives the option to block ALL SMS notifications on my watch. My issue is that I want to block SMS notifications only from certain contacts, the same way I do on my phone. As far as I can see there is no way to block specific contacts in the Galaxy Wearables app.
    04-04-2019 07:23 PM
    But this only gives the option to block ALL SMS notifications on my watch. My issue is that I want to block SMS notifications only from certain contacts, the same way I do on my phone. As far as I can see there is no way to block specific contacts in the Galaxy Wearables app.
    Ah, I understand. I would think that blocking them at the phone would be enough for the Bluetooth version of the Gear S3. Do you have the LTE version?
    04-05-2019 09:43 AM
    Not sure if I have the LTE version of the watch, but i previously had a galaxy s8+ and didn't have this issue. Was curious if anyone else out there had the issue too on a s8 or s10. I am almost certain it's a s10+ bug.
    04-06-2019 01:00 AM