Gear S3 Reminders - re-use reminders? Handwriting by default?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

In the latest update (or possible even the one before), the Reminders app has become a bit annoying. I have certain reminders that I keep on re-using (like "Leave now", "Meeting", and so on), and when a reminder buzzes me it only gives me two options: Complete and Snooze. If I don't choose one, the reminder seems to come back at weird times, even the next day. I'm not sure, but I keep on getting irrelevant reminders in any case.
On the other hand, if I complete it, it gets crossed out, which I also don't want. I just want it to "go away" until I reset the time for it again.

Can't we do this anymore? Are reminders only now designed to be used only once?

Another minor quibble is that the voice-recording feature is active by default for a new reminder. I used to have it set for handwriting...now I have to click "write" for this to happen. Any way to set the default reminder input method?

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
In the latest update (or possible even the one before), the Reminders app has become a bit annoying. I have certain reminders that I keep on re-using (like "Leave now", "Meeting", and so on), and when a reminder buzzes me it only gives me two options: Complete and Snooze. If I don't choose one, the reminder seems to come back at weird times, even the next day. I'm not sure, but I keep on getting irrelevant reminders in any case.
On the other hand, if I complete it, it gets crossed out, which I also don't want. I just want it to "go away" until I reset the time for it again.

Can't we do this anymore? Are reminders only now designed to be used only once?

Another minor quibble is that the voice-recording feature is active by default for a new reminder. I used to have it set for handwriting...now I have to click "write" for this to happen. Any way to set the default reminder input method?

I have one reminder set and I reuse it. When mine goes off I just ignore it. Later I rotate my bezel to the left to find the reminder notification. I touch it to open it, change the date to the next day I need it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza