Removing phone function from galaxy s3

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I currently work in a Correctional Facility. Watches with phone capabilities are not allowed (even with only bluetooth). I'm wondering if there is a way to uninstall the phone and messaging feature from the watch.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this to the Gear S3 forum, since I assume you're talking about the Galaxy Gear S3 watch, not the old Galaxy S3 phone.

Cmruze

Oct 4, 2019
Visit site

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I currently work in a Correctional Facility. Watches with phone capabilities are not allowed (even with only bluetooth). I'm wondering if there is a way to uninstall the phone and messaging feature from the watch.
I assume that you cannot have your phone with you either.
If the phone and message apps are removed from the watch, what's left of the "smartwatch"?

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You're better off just using a regular watch while at work. Why take a chance you'll brick the watch for a place you don't live. I assume you're off more than you work

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
if phone features are not allowed, then don't even try taking a watch that has the ability to use those features into the facility. It could complicate thing since assumptions would be made if the watch is recognized by prisoners and others even if you had approval.

something to consider, there are always apps available that can make wifi/voip calls. There could be areas in the facitlity that has wifi.