Frontier or Classic version? Also,a question about watch faces...

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Not sure which version to get, is the total difference just a issue of how they look? And also, do Gear S2 watch faces work on the S3?

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
personally I would pick the smallest of the two. as far as watch faces, most are interchangeable. you can use s2 on s3 and you can use s3 on s2.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok, also, both can still make and receive phone calls as long as it's Bluetooth connected to my phone, unless it has to be a carrier version?

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok, also, both can still make and receive phone calls as long as it's Bluetooth connected to my phone, unless it has to be a carrier version?
Correct. I have the Bluetooth frontier version and can place and receive calls just fine as long as it's connected to the phone. If you wanted to leave your phone at home and just take your watch while out and about and still receive calls and messages, you would need the cellular version. The internals of the classic and frontier are identical. The only difference is the exterior look and design.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok, just wanted to make sure. I've never been of a mindset to get solely a cell plan for my watch. My phone will be more likely on me than my watch, thanks for the heads up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool