[ROM] NewROM2.1 Updated 1/25/12 Now with Pictures!

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
This is designed to be a cleaned up stock ROM for the Sprint Samsung Intercept. Do not flash on the Virgin Mobile Intercept!
Removed:
Nascar
Sprint TV
Sprint Navigation (Google Nav is free so why waste space having two navigation apps)
Sprint NFL
All other random Sprint crap (The Sprint Hotspot icon remains for now. I will either end up removing it, or alter it to allow for free tethering through the app at a later date)
Stock launcher
Stock Music Player
Removed Stock touch keyboard
Think Office
Home Screen Tips
Instant Messenger
Latin Language tutorial
System Updater apk
and a whole lot of other miscellaneous crap taking up available space.

Added:
Live Wallpapers! (Remember this phone has a below average processor, Live Wallpapers may not run great, but at least you have the option)
Launcher Pro
Google Music app
Amazon App Store (I like free apps, it can be uninstalled if you wish)

I decided that because the phone has a hardware keyboard, I would not waste your valuable space on installing a keyboard that I choose. The hardware keyboard works at launch, sign into the market and grab your keyboard of choice.

Currently using CrappyKernel 1.5 by Joseph Mother of SDX Crappy Kernel 1.5

There are more changes to come
To do list:
Enable 4in1 power menu (DONE)
Custom Boot animation
Quick Settings in Notification pull down
Many more changes in store, stay tuned

Back up your stuff!
You must wipe cache and dalvik cache before flashing.

Click me, I am your download!

Thanks to scrosler for the guidance. (Check out his Evo 3D, Evo 4G, HTC Rezound, and LG Optimus S ROMS)
Benny for the moral support
Thanks to the developers at SDX for the plethora of information and files for the Intercept.

Change Log
1.1 (12/1/11)
Initial Release

1.1.5 (12/11/11)
Removed forced data wipe on flash (I still recommend wiping data, but do as you wish)
Fixed "Update Data Profile" error

2.1 1/25/12
Added Reboot and Recovery options to power menu.

Last edited:

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] NewROM1.1.5 Updated 12/11/11

Sorry I overlooked the other part of your question earlier.
Baseband DL05.

Last edited:

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Give me 30 minutes, and I can get you the info on rooting and custom recovery.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Do you have a Sprint Intercept? Yes it will work. Check your baseband.

Last edited:

papadog

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

It went really easy i just put it on my sons and his girlfriends phone and there liking there phone again lol. Are you going to be updating this any time soon. Thank you again.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
It went really easy i just put it on my sons and his girlfriends phone and there liking there phone again lol. Are you going to be updating this any time soon. Thank you again.

Thanks for the feedback!

I will be updating it this week. I just received a laptop as a very generous donation, after I get it set up I will roll out an update.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone is using this. I have seen the downloads go up in the last week or so. I guess I need to know if I should continue to work on this. I have a couple of other projects for other devices I am starting on and need to know if I should keep up the work on this. I am no longer using this phone, and I can't imagine to many other people are either. If there is interest I will be more than happy to keep messing with it.

Last edited:

intercept88

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Does your Rom work with Version 2.2.3, FB01? I have installed CM01 and flashed the almost stock smoke 1.2 Kernel, but it is soooo close to stock only difference I notice is that I now have it rooted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol