Anyone know if the Intercept has live wallpapers?
    07-26-2010 03:28 PM
    Picked up one for my wife over the weekend... I'm not seeing them. Of course that doesn't mean it doesn't.
    07-26-2010 06:32 PM
    Probably not until you either get Froyo or root access.
    LiveWallpapers.apk and LiveWallpaperPicker.apk need to be pushed to /system/app/. You can use a file manager to see if these two apk's were added. If not, then you're looking at waiting.
    potheadhero likes this.
    07-26-2010 11:45 PM
    Even if I download them from the android market? Guess my fiance' will have to do without live wallpapers if anything.
    07-27-2010 08:59 AM
    You should see the option when you click "Menu" and then "Wallpaper"

I've been hearing conflicting reports that the Intercept does/does not support live wallpaper

Would be cool to know if it does or not
    07-27-2010 03:27 PM
    Even if I download them from the android market? Guess my fiance' will have to do without live wallpapers if anything.
    I don't have the phone, and haven't been in a Sprint Store since it came out. Try downloading a free one from the market. Then menu/long press-- wallpaper and see if the live wallpaper switcher app is in there. You should get something like this:
    http://gadgetsdna.com/wp-content/upl...-wallpaper.png
    If you don't, then live wallpapers aren't on board. Also, you can't sideload these like you can a typical app, it has to be pushed to /system/app, which if you don't have access to via root, then it won't work.
    07-28-2010 02:04 AM
    I want to know badly
    12-12-2012 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD