Replacing SD card, cloning old card to new card on Virgin Mobile Intercept using app2sd

felixblackcat

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
OK, I've wasted a lot of time already searching the web trying to find useful answers to this, but I can't seem to find much. I'm very frustrated, especially since it seems like replacing an SD card ought to be a fairly straightforward thing to do.

I want to replace the 2 GB SD card currently in the VM Intercept with a 16 GB one, and I want to know how to clone the old card onto the new one so that it will work, considering that I've been using app2sd, which, apparently, complicates matters (is it a partition that, for some reason, I can't seem to access & copy over using the usual methods one would use?)

So, how do I do this with this particular phone?

Thank you.

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
So your phone is rooted with a custom recovery? If so you can do a nandroid backup of your app2sd partition in your recovery. Then copy your 2 GB card to somewhere else, like a PC. Then format your new SD card in your phone from your recovery and restore the back up of your app2sd partition you made earlier. Then copy everything from your computer backup over the new card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1