Battery disconnected

mswashu

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I picked up my daughter's Intercept and noticed the battery icon flashing red although it was plugged in. I've moved the plug, tried different usb cables in both my laptop and wall outlets and it only flashes "battery disconnected" for a few seconds then goes black (no power). For a moment, though, after a battery pull & reinsert, it showed a bold message (DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!) with a download bar and what looked like a SD card icon with an arrow pointing downwards. The download bar never moved or filled, so I pulled the battery again. Is the batterY dead on this thing already? Or could it be the phone's port? Anyone else have this problem and find a solution? Thanks in advance, folks.

Likho

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the original battery?
If so you could have a bad battery.

Take your battery out and check the contacts and clean them if they are dirty. Check to see if there was any water damage.
If you are using the original battery you shouldn't be getting contact issues.

Try picking up a new battery on Amazon for $15.99.
Samsung Intercept battery

Reactions: mswashu

mswashu

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Thx for the link. The red ink has smeared on the little patch indicator, so apparently it did get wet. I think the phone was damaged as well, at least the micro-usb port was effected since it's having trouble charging. The cord has to be sitting 'just right' for the phone to recognize it, but even then, the new battery won't charge. I've ordered an external battery charger for her and hopefully that will help. :mad:Darn thing would get just out of warranty before it messes up and I can't see myself paying $100 for repair/replace, not on this phone. Thx again!;)

mswashu

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Seems the micro-usb is damaged, but the external charger is working fine for now. Now if only the screen orientation would unlock from landscape mode. Any suggestions?

davis.g105

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Answer?

I had my Intercept for 7 months, I had to manually upgrade it to android 2.0 about 2 or 3 months ago. I didnt charge it and I only had 5% battery remaining, then it stopped responding so I pulled the battery. When I put it back in it wouldnt turn on, so i thought maybe the battery is dead, or not enough power for startup. When I plugged it in it said "Battery Disconnected" Which I thought was absurd, because I still had the back off from the battery pull, and the battery was snug in its place. I pulled the battery and tried it a few more times with the same result. My brother has an Intercept which is no longer used, traded for a blackberry, of all things. I thought my battery may have died, so i went and grabbed his Intercept, put the battery and it was dead, but with his battery in my phone, it charged (different charger). I put my battery in and on that same charger, it would charge. Went back to mine, and it said "Battery Disconnected" again, so i got a different USB cable and it works fine.

Summed up, My charger was bad.

Harleybrat0211

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing more and more of this on the internet. Mine is doing the same thing. It's never been wet and the battery is less than a yr old. I have 5 different charges so it's not my charger. I always keep the little slide closed so it protects the usb port.......I really dislike this phone but stuck with it unless I want to spend a ton of money to upgrade early. :(

southerngal24

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
My phone did the same thing tonight. I totally freaked out, without my phone, I cannot live lol! I did as above, and tried a different charger. To my surprise, it worked. I was lucky enough to have an extra charger on hand to not have to pay 20 bucks for a new battery or charger. Hope this helps!

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I would also like to add the Samsung chargers suck for this thing. If anyone is having this problem, get a Verizon android charging usb cable, it'll never do that wiggle charge thing again

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

DavidSSabb94

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Answer?

I had my Intercept for 7 months, I had to manually upgrade it to android 2.0 about 2 or 3 months ago. I didnt charge it and I only had 5% battery remaining, then it stopped responding so I pulled the battery. When I put it back in it wouldnt turn on, so i thought maybe the battery is dead, or not enough power for startup. When I plugged it in it said "Battery Disconnected" Which I thought was absurd, because I still had the back off from the battery pull, and the battery was snug in its place. I pulled the battery and tried it a few more times with the same result. My brother has an Intercept which is no longer used, traded for a blackberry, of all things. I thought my battery may have died, so i went and grabbed his Intercept, put the battery and it was dead, but with his battery in my phone, it charged (different charger). I put my battery in and on that same charger, it would charge. Went back to mine, and it said "Battery Disconnected" again, so i got a different USB cable and it works fine.

Summed up, My charger was bad.

I know this is old but thank you SO MUCH for this answer. My problem was a bad charger too. I would have blown money on a new battery if I hadn't seen this first.

Rossio Hernandez

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Answer?

I have a Galaxy Express and it doesn't charge It keeps beeping and saying Battery disconnected. I've dropped it from 2 ft it didn't work any other suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692