Any former Moment owners?

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I am getting my 5th Samsung Moment on Wednesday. The "Tech" at the Sprint store offered to replace my Moment with either a "new" Moment, a HTC Hero, or the Samsung Intercept. I opted for another Moment this time. My question to you... If any of you are former Moment owners now with the Intercept, what are your impressions?
1.What are the positives?
2.What are the negatives?
3.I have read that the Intercept has a different screen resolution, is this an issue with any apps that you use?
4.How is the Data speed? I have read the Intercept has, or will receive an update that lets it run on EVDO rev A.
5.The hardware specs are very similar to the Moment, is it laggy?
6. Anything else I should be aware of if I decide to make the jump?

At least it will be getting Android 2.2.

Last edited:

AntiSane

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I am picking up my 6th Moment today. 3 had usb port failures after about a month or so, 1 had barely existing GPS (would show me as being almost a mile away), and the other had crazy signal isssues (network and phone).

I'm stuck with the Moment until next May though, because they keep offering crap as alternative replacements. When the moment works it is a GREAT phone... for me that lasts about 30-50 days and then the USB port stops working (it will charge, but not link to any computer I plug it into).

Intercept: lower resolution, crappier overall graphics (TFT vs. AMOLED), poorer construction (less metal, more plastic), and slower network speeds (rev.0 VS. the moment's Rev.a)

Hero: no physical keyboard, slower processor (528mhz VS 800)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance