My mom got the intercept (big mistake in hindsight). It was ok at first, but now it's slow as molasses in winter. Also, nearly all stock apps and several downloaded apps FC very frequently, especially the phone app. Do you guys have any advice for me? Thanks!
    12-10-2010 02:02 PM
    You could try doing a factory reset - this usually fixes sluggishness that has worsened over time (be aware that this will erase all apps and data on your phone, so backup what you need).

From the main home screen, tap the menu button. Select Privacy. Tap Factory data reset. Read the disclaimer, then tap Reset. Tap Erase everything.

That should make your phone as fast as when you first bought it.
    12-10-2010 03:03 PM
    thanks. what would you recommend for backing up all her apps and contacts?
    12-11-2010 10:34 AM
    As long as contacts are in her GMail account they will automatically re-sync with the phone after wiping it, and apps can be re-downloaded from the Market as Google links them to her GMail account.

But if you want to back them up onto your SD card, try MyBackup from the Market. It can backup apps (but not their data) and contacts as well. Good luck!
    12-11-2010 11:15 AM
    cool. what about NAndroid? i've heard about it, but never really figured out how it's different than other backup apps.
    12-13-2010 01:09 PM
    A nandroid backup is a backup of everything on your phone, not just apps. However I believe you need to be rooted to utilize this type of backup.
    12-13-2010 03:03 PM
    great, thanks for the advice!
    12-17-2010 11:06 PM