Help! Locked out of my phone, Google login doesn't work, hard reset won't work!

zeth006

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have a problem. I've gotten locked out of my phone. My app refuses recognize the unlock pattern I set for it and I'm unable to login via my Google account for some odd reason or another.

I've tried following the hard reset instructions shown here with no avail:

How to hard reset the Samsung Intercept - Know Your Cell.

Holding down the volume button and the power button (presumably the end call button) does nothing but boot up my phone from being powered down.

Does anyone have any alternative solutions???

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
hold up and down together , while holding turn on , samsung will cycle twice, on the second cycle let go of everything and tap the down button

EDIT: If this does not work please let me know and we will keep working on it

Last edited:

zeth006

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
hold up and down together , while holding turn on , samsung will cycle twice, on the second cycle let go of everything and tap the down button

EDIT: If this does not work please let me know and we will keep working on it

Found out I needed to press the volume down key+call key+hang up key all at once. VM CSR with a nice-sounding voice helped me out. Thanks!

EDIT: Make sure to take out the battery to power the phone down first. HTH future Intercept users!

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Found out I needed to press the volume down key+call key+hang up key all at once. VM CSR with a nice-sounding voice helped me out. Thanks!

Great glad this was resolved and that you posted how you did it so if this happens to someone in the future we can recover them. thank you

happy holidays

SurfingInCalifornia

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Help! Locked out of my phone, Google login doesn't work, hard

Question though?

Is this a hard reset of your phone and all your contacts, emails, pictures, etc: whatever was in memory is now gone?

You are in, but basically starting from new?

Thanks........SurfingInCalifornia

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The pics are saved to your sd card. Your contacts should be backed up to your Google account. All of your paid apps will be saved to your Google account so they can be reinstalled.

All game save data and such will be lost (unless a specific game backs it up in the cloud)

Otherwise your phone will be just like you got it.

I was thinking the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

robinc1262

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
ok but i cant get to the call button ? or hang up because im locked out ? isnt there a button in the back of my phone i can press to hard reset

A-android-B

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
This thread is over a year old lol. But I have an intercept too though he's talking about holding the physical buttons on the outside of the phone with it powered down

come to the dark side

Dualcore12

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
How to unlock my phone with google?
i dont remember my email and pass but whats it? press the down? up left?

Dualcore12

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
can you help me please ?
what key should i press ?
can u instruct me?
im using samsung galaxy pocket s5300
pls help me

charlesvaught

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a LG Optimus V that I got from a buddy and he forgot his password and google account, so now I'm locked out either way, how can I reset the phone back to factory settings or sign up a google account on a computer where it will let me on the phone.

mixhelle9877

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem :( i have a samsung mini but which key is it for the phone to reboot the system please help me spend like 2 hours trying Dx

halikins

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
hey guys,
i have the same problem,locked out of my phone(galaxy ace) tried pressing down the volume down,power and menu button,only it comes up with 'downloading...' in green in the middle of the screen don't know what to do now,any advice please?

amber75

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
ok I had a similar problem this morning.. until I pressed and held the vol up/down and the power button until it vibrated. While keeping the pressure on the volume keys let go of the power button and the reset screen should be displayed. Use the vol up/down keys to move the cursor up or down. highlight the the appropriate option and then press the home key to select it. (the button on the bottom of the screen that looks like a house) On my phone (samsung galaxy SII) I have 4 buttons at the bottom of the screen that are backlit. follow the prompts and hopefully this will work for you.. good luck:D

Tiffany Greenhaw

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
ok I had a similar problem this morning.. until I pressed and held the vol up/down and the power button until it vibrated. While keeping the pressure on the volume keys let go of the power button and the reset screen should be displayed. Use the vol up/down keys to move the cursor up or down. highlight the the appropriate option and then press the home key to select it. (the button on the bottom of the screen that looks like a house) On my phone (samsung galaxy SII) I have 4 buttons at the bottom of the screen that are backlit. follow the prompts and hopefully this will work for you.. good luck:D

This was very helpful! Thank you so much!