My phone doesn't vibrate... <__<

PPM

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey, everyone. :D
I registered here specifically to post this because Yahoo Answers and Google have proven useless. :c
My phone (Samsung Intercept) doesn't vibrate when I get a text. Otherwise, it vibrates when it should.
I'm on Eclair, not rooted, and I've checked to make sure ringer volume is set to vibrate. I have ADW as my default home launcher.
I tried getting an app from the Market that makes it vibrate when it should, but it hogged quite a lot of memory. The trade-off wasn't worth it, IMO.
Anyone know of a way to fix the vibration problem without use of a third-party app?
I've only had this phone for 1-2 weeks and it makes me a little disappointed that it doesn't work properly. .-.
Thanks in advance for the help! c:

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I use Handcent for texting. It does so much more than the stock message app. It's also pretty light on resources. It will allow you to setup a different tone/vibrate pattern for each contact, so even on vibrate only, you'll know who is texting you. There are also many other 3rd party text apps out there that work just as well and have built in notifications that will trigger the vibrate function.

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
its a phone glitch. sprint will tell you to factory reset. that fixes it. temporarily. trust me. i just got off the phone after almost 4 hours with them. this phone could be so awesome instead its a buggy POS. ive had to full reset 3x in the last 3 days. problems with haptic feedback.. then with ringer volume (ONLY vibrating.. even when vibrate was turned off and volume was all the way up).. then haptic again... im fed up with sprints ****ty support of samsung devices. this forum made my epic actually worth having... i only wish there was a community behind the intercept too... its an 800mhz phone that could do a lot more if there was a better OS on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11