vm samsung intercept, unresponsive?

comfort80

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
occasionally my vm samsung intercept shuts off completely and needs a battery pull before it will start. and other times the notifications bar stops responding and when i look in the running services, android.process.acore is stopped. there is no error messages or force stops, just non responsiveness or a random shutoff.i dont have many apps installed, but notice if i remove some, this stops, is it a lack of RAM, or defective handset? i dont know enough about the os and phone to troubleshoot.
Courtney

ej8302

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
occasionally my vm samsung intercept shuts off completely and needs a battery pull before it will start. and other times the notifications bar stops responding and when i look in the running services, android.process.acore is stopped. there is no error messages or force stops, just non responsiveness or a random shutoff.i dont have many apps installed, but notice if i remove some, this stops, is it a lack of RAM, or defective handset? i dont know enough about the os and phone to troubleshoot.
Courtney

I have the same issues on my Samsung Intercept with Virgin Mobile. My problem comes also when it dies and I plug it into the charger. When it's fully charged and I try to turn it on, it takes forever and sometimes it doesn't at all, until I remove the battery, but... I did find a way that helps cut down on the issues. In the market, there is a free app called 'Advanced Task Killer' and when you run it, it shows all the tasks that are running. A lot of times apps run in the background and you don't know it and not only does it drain battery, it also slows phone down. For example, social networking ones that notify you of new messages, etc., will run in the background, so by opening up that app, you can check all the aps you're not using and 'kill' them, which just means it turns them off (it also may save you battery life). You don't want to stop running the SSA or messaging (texts) but you may want to kill the email app or the Twitter or Facebook apps, or even the weather bug that lets you know the temps, etc. I try to run the task killer every few hours and it seems to help and when I do run into the problems you mentioned, I run the app and it helps.

Hope this may help. Feel free to contact me if you need more help.
EJ

comfort80

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
advanced task killer, and two other ones that ive tried dont show anything that i'm not using so i dont think i have alot running.i think i might have gotten a bad app or a combo of certain apps caused a crash.

matt_t

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I am having the exact same issues as the op. Virgin Mobile support walked me through a refresh of the phone but I had a feeling it wouldn't work and it didn't. It was shut down again before I even re-established my connection with the network. I don't think an app killer is the answer since im not looking to cut down on the problem. I am starting to think our problems are due to a hardware defect. Has anyone had any success in fixing this issue completely?

matt_t

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, the good news is that Virgin Mobile is replacing my intercept. I was pleasantly surprised by the customer service. Since I bought my phone from ebay i figured i was in for a whole lot of guff but Virgin Mobile is replacing it even though i did not buy it directly from them. I guess they take responsibilty for the warrenty dispite who distributes their product. They are even sending it to me before they receive my defective one. I am getting with my new phone a paid envelope to send my broken one back. prettty great really. So the bad news i guess is that this problem with our intercept requires a replacement of the hand set.

good luck

EducateAndinnovate

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes, if some kind of Automatic Task Killer App is installed on Android phone and if we select all tasks/processes to be automatically killed periodically then it is a big problem. One needs to check setup of those Task Killers. In General, expers do not recommend use of Task Killers becasue sometimes by mistake they may kill required processes on the phone.

Other issues:

Menu, Home, Back, Search keys not responding - Press End Call/Power key once and it wakes up these keys come alive or just pull out physical QWERTY keyboard out and it wakes up these keys.

Notification Bar not responding - Long press Home Key, It displays Apps that are currently running/active on the phone, Press Back Key and now Notification bar can be pulled down

3G Data not working - Long press End Call/Power Key, it brings up Power Menu, Choose Airplane Mode on, Phone shows Airplane Symbol in Notification bar, Wait for 2 minutes, Long press End Call/Power Key, it brings up Power Menu, Choose Airplane Mode off, Airplane Symbil disappears from the notification bar, 3G Data should come back

I recommend to have at least 50 MB RAM free on the phone at any time. I use Android Assistant App which allows me to monitor how much memory is free and how much is in use. It allows Quick Boost to free up RAM. It also has Auto Boost option where it periodically kills Apps/Processes based on our selection (One need to exclude System Processes from the list). Also, I use Go Launcher EX Home Replacement Screen. It allows me to see what Apps are running on the phone and I can close not needed Apps gracefully.

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
November 17, 2013 - I've had all the same problems with the Samsung Intercept I've gotten from Virgin Mobile. My phone eventually gets so bad it takes forever to boot up and make calls and just gets to where it won't boot up anymore. I know when it's getting to this stage and I have Virgin Mobile replace it, but in two years I've replaced this phone model like 8 times already so it's very frustrating! Obviously, it's a manufacturer defect of some sort and after going to the highest level of customer service at Virgin Mobile ALL THEY WOULD OFFER ME WAS A $40 DISCOUNT TOWARDS A NEW MODEL PHONE. That's pretty lame and makes me want to change phone companies, but I'm gonna try that Advanced Task Killer app and see if it helps with this last replacement phone I activated today before I switch to T-Mobile or someone who will give me a better deal.

misstoxic

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
November 17, 2013 - I've had all the same problems with the Samsung Intercept I've gotten from Virgin Mobile. My phone eventually gets so bad it takes forever to boot up and make calls and just gets to where it won't boot up anymore. I know when it's getting to this stage and I have Virgin Mobile replace it, but in two years I've replaced this phone model like 8 times already so it's very frustrating! Obviously, it's a manufacturer defect of some sort and after going to the highest level of customer service at Virgin Mobile ALL THEY WOULD OFFER ME WAS A $40 DISCOUNT TOWARDS A NEW MODEL PHONE. That's pretty lame and makes me want to change phone companies, but I'm gonna try that Advanced Task Killer app and see if it helps with this last replacement phone I activated today before I switch to T-Mobile or someone who will give me a better deal.

Buy a lg optimus slider. Its better than samsung intercept

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante