Ok i received the update like everyone to 2.2.2, I bought my brother the optimus V (running 2.2.1) and he downloaded the quick settings app via market and is able to use his phone as a hotspot. I try it on my Intercept, and it shuts off my 3G! and when I click configure mobile hotspot, there isnt anything in the menu to do this. Anyone here using anything else that allows them to use their VM intercept as a mobile hotspot?
    04-25-2011 12:11 PM
    I'm having the same issue with my wife's Intercept Android 2.2. Enabling the Hotspot WiFi widget turns off the 3g access. There are a lot of other compatibility issues with the Intercept and Extended Controls as well: The Hotspot WiFi, when enabled, doesn't allow for configuring of the settings in the pull down menu, instead it defaults the phone back to the desktop screen. Also USB Tethering, which I was thinking might be an acceptable alternative to the Hotspot, is unresponsive. I'm not incredibly tech savvy, but I know my way around fairly well and enabled administrative access to the program, but it didn't change anything.

I submitted a bug to the dev team: Bug 1790 – WiFi Hotspot Disables 3g network Samsung Intercept Android 2.2

Not sure what sort of turn around time they have on these sorts of things, but it would be nice if they put something out soon...
    04-26-2011 03:38 PM
    I'm on VirginMobile, previously had the LG Optimus, and that worked amazingly tethering and as a wireless hotspot. BUT it has an earlier version, 2.2.1. I bought a Samsung Intercept for the real keyboard, and it has 2.2.2 FROYO.

I read in another forum that 2.2.2 disabled all the fun stuff, but you can either root your phone (free but not for first-timers or faint-of-heart), or you can pay a couple of bucks for Klink, a wired tethering program, available in the market. (it has a free app to test first.)

My problem is now when I plug my phone into my PC, the USB connection option in the phone is not showing up anymore. No idea why or how to fix, still searching the forums for an answer. (not rooted BTW.)
    06-14-2011 11:53 PM
    I'm on VirginMobile, previously had the LG Optimus, and that worked amazingly tethering and as a wireless hotspot. BUT it has an earlier version, 2.2.1. I bought a Samsung Intercept for the real keyboard, and it has 2.2.2 FROYO.

I read in another forum that 2.2.2 disabled all the fun stuff, but you can either root your phone (free but not for first-timers or faint-of-heart), or you can pay a couple of bucks for Klink, a wired tethering program, available in the market. (it has a free app to test first.)

My problem is now when I plug my phone into my PC, the USB connection option in the phone is not showing up anymore. No idea why or how to fix, still searching the forums for an answer. (not rooted BTW.)
    Download WiFi tether. Look for the pre11 test build. Fire it up, go to settings and choose Settings > Device profile > Samsung Epic 4G.

Now start tethering and it will start Hotspot for you and tether in infrastructure mode. Adjust other connection settings accordingly.
    07-12-2011 09:30 AM
    I have the same problem with my samsung intercept i would really love it if someone could fix this or help me with it ..
    01-28-2012 10:26 PM
    It can't be fixed. You need to root if you want to tether for free.
    01-28-2012 10:40 PM
    Definitely, root the intercept. I can't imagine using (and being satisfied) with the phone sans root. Start at wiki which willthe basics...believe me it is extremely simple. In fact, there is a 1 button

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk
    03-17-2012 12:04 PM
    Oops...1 button click that does it all!

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk
    03-17-2012 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD