Sprint Samsung Intercept Screen Issues

tbonejazzcat

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
My wife has had Sprints Samsung Intercept for about a year now. She has been having issues with selecting apps. When she taps on her messages icon or email icon for example, it will open another program. Also when she is in messaging and selects contact, another contacts message history appears.

She is also saying that the phone is locking up during phone calls. The only way to reset is by taking out the battery.

She did the OTA a couple of months ago so she has Android 2.2.1, Froyo.DL05.

Thanks for the help.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My old intercept would also do the random app opening thing. Sadly the only thing that made it stop was doing a factory reset. This didn't solve the problem, it just made it stop for a while. I think it boils down to the fact that the phone is really just a P. O. S. It just seems to get "confused " easily. I wish I had a better answer, but ultimately you get what you pay for. The Intercept was old hardware when it was new.

Reactions: tbonejazzcat

tbonejazzcat

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
My old intercept would also do the random app opening thing. Sadly the only thing that made it stop was doing a factory reset. This didn't solve the problem, it just made it stop for a while. I think it boils down to the fact that the phone is really just a P. O. S. It just seems to get "confused " easily. I wish I had a better answer, but ultimately you get what you pay for. The Intercept was old hardware when it was new.
....I tried this with and it only lasted a couple of days. I also tried reflashing the ROM with SWUpgrade and it didn't fix it. I'm convinced it is time for her to get a new phone.

Thanks for the input.