I have been having trouble understanding this and I apologize if this addressed elsewhere.

I am strongly considering using Zefie's kernel due to a number of issues I am having with the stock CL14 version. However, I am concerned that I will not be able to use the standard 2.1 version when it comes out. Does anyone know if that will be difficult to do?

I am especially concerned as rumors are suggesting the update may be out next week. If that is not the case though, I would really like to see if the alternate firmware clears up some of the problems I am having. Thanks in advance for any advice.
    03-18-2010 03:12 PM
    simple answer yes..
    03-18-2010 03:29 PM
    Just FYI, I have done this already. I updated to Zefie's kernal, played around with the settings a bit and then installed some software that totally screwed up the phone. (Phone was stuck in endless reboot cycle.) I tried reinstalling Zefie's kernal but it would not work. So (after appropriate panic) I reinstalled the stock kernal (no problem) and then reinstalled Zefie's kernal from there. HOWEVER, reinstalling the original kernal does wipe ALL your programs and settings.
    03-24-2010 03:13 PM
    yup.. thats why you make backups.. with recovery
    03-25-2010 03:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD