What is best 2.1 update to flash to phone?

oluvinu

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
hello,
what is the best 2.1 modified update leak to use on the phone ? i think the 2.1 dd10 leak is good but i still find the phone abit slow.

1 faster processor
2 remove the sprint bloatware
3 lol what are good apps to take full advantage of the 2.1 update on the phone with its 8oomhz processor
4 can the cpu be overclocked from 800mhz to 1ghz safely ?

pastafarian

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
1- Faster processor???
2- Since you know how to install dd10, go over to sdx and get the info to root your phone. After that, removing apps is a breeze.
3- there are no apps designed for a 800mhz processor. Some apps like Goggles are 2.1 only. I'm sure there are games that will utilize the processor more, but I don't game on my phone.
4- Not without dire battery life and stability issues.

I've read that replacing the JIT can improve speed, but stability will suffer.

oluvinu

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
hello,

i flashed the phone with calkins dd10 modified leak and without the spring bloat ware apps. i am trying to do wifi tether on the samsung moment but the barnacle program will not work on the moment and as far as i understand i am rooted on the phone.

pastafarian

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
As much as I appreciated calkins work with WinMo, I think it's a much better idea to flash the base dd10 leak (release when available), root it and then configure it yourself. It's a lot easier to root in Android than it was to cook a rom in WinMo even with a kitchen and once rooted you can remove or keep what you want. In my WinMo days, I was constantly flashing custom roms looking for that last bit of speed/features, sometimes several in a day. I also lost track of what it meant to have a solid stable phone. I'm running stock dd10 rooted and I've removed the majority of the installed apps with root explorer, the "bloatware" apps and ones that I replaced (email, sms, browser, etc).

LSanna1488

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
hello,

i flashed the phone with calkins dd10 modified leak and without the spring bloat ware apps. i am trying to do wifi tether on the samsung moment but the barnacle program will not work on the moment and as far as i understand i am rooted on the phone.

Wireless tethering like barnacle is not working for the moment, at the moment. But its being worked on.

Last edited:

oluvinu

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
pandora will not work with calkins 2.1 dd10 ??

hi ,
i flashed my moment to the leaked 2.1 build with calkins dd10 build without all the srpint bloat ware and reinstalled sprint vaigation 2.8 . also has the program for root built into the .tar file.

why does pandora not work? it loads ....shows the song it's going to play ....then says it cant play and to try again???

?????do i need to a pply a fix for this issue ? can anyone help ? i like this build and would prefer to keep it instead of flashing to a different one .

LSanna1488

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
hi ,
i flashed my moment to the leaked 2.1 build with calkins dd10 build without all the srpint bloat ware and reinstalled sprint vaigation 2.8 . also has the program for root built into the .tar file.

why does pandora not work? it loads ....shows the song it's going to play ....then says it cant play and to try again???

?????do i need to a pply a fix for this issue ? can anyone help ? i like this build and would prefer to keep it instead of flashing to a different one .

[Solved] - Android 2.1 - Streaming Apps
Should help you
Youll need to download connectbot from the android market, Also if you download the new google maps app, you wont need Sprint Navigation anymore

Last edited:

KansasCityJoe

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I have DD16 and it seems to be buggier than DD10. So we're going to see what comes out today. Word has it that release will be DE01 (May 1 build) but I'm not ready to concur.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12