Moment 2.1 Changes/Findings Thread

Jeryl31

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi members from the Android Central community, here is my video on the 2.1 update on my Samsung Moment phone. Seeing this just posted about an hour and a half ago, I was relieved to finally see this. The instructions are very clear but I had to do this on a PC for it to work. 2.1 having all the nice little goodies implemented into the operating system I immediately started messing with apps such as the power control widget, Google maps, no live wallpapers unfortunately and a couple others that I could finally get like the official Twitter app for Android. Overall I am sure Samsung Moment owners will be thoroughly satisfied with this update, please leave a comment below for any findings within the 2.1 update on the device :)

2.1 Update for the Samsung Moment video

IMG_6213.jpg
IMG_6214.jpg
IMG_6215.jpg

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Who got the 2.1 Upgrade and How do you like it?

I love it by the way ... I m so excited to finally get with the program here...
I was curious in how you all feel on the upgrade

ccw1134

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I installed it on my wife's phone earlier in the evening and so far so good. Everything went very smoothly on the install. Granted its been only 6 - 7 hours. I went to the Market and redownloaded all of my apps with ease. The best things that we've seen so far is that when on a call there's no ear muting and bluetooth seems to play better with others. Too early to say anything about the battery. All in all it's a solid build.

waazzupppp#WN

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I got it... Seemed to be very stable, running smooth, but in the last hour, it seems to have developed a random reboot issue...

Overall, if the reboot is just a random thing, it's going to be great!

waazzupppp#WN

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Anyone getting the random reboot issue? Seemed fine for about 2 hours, then poof, about every 20 minutes my LED lights up and the phone resets...

robbies7897

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Update went by FAST! Like less than five minutes! I'm having a blast with it, although I wish they had included a new launcher, or at least live wallpapers, but those weren't a big deal to me so it's no big deal. All the 2.1 apps I've tried worked perfectly. The phone seems faster, and more responsive. The phone now connects to the internet (via Browser) instantly rather than waiting like five or so seconds before establishing a connection. Also a HUGE signal boos! These are just a few of the improvements I've noticed. Thanks all for such a wonderful community!

LSanna1488

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Update went by FAST! Like less than five minutes! I'm having a blast with it, although I wish they had included a new launcher, or at least live wallpapers, but those weren't a big deal to me so it's no big deal. All the 2.1 apps I've tried worked perfectly. The phone seems faster, and more responsive. The phone now connects to the internet (via Browser) instantly rather than waiting like five or so seconds before establishing a connection. Also a HUGE signal boos! These are just a few of the improvements I've noticed. Thanks all for such a wonderful community!

Try SDX-Developers.com they have added live wallpapers, and you can download new launchers from the market. I use the Helix Launcher and aquarium live wallpaper. both free from the market.

kjwhite622

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone confirm the "no pinch to zoom" Someone mentioned it on the sprint forum and no one confirmed it. One other person just said "You don't have it". Does that mean they do or it'ds just not on there. Confirm please?

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Am I correct to assume that all my previous FW1.5 free apps will work with no problem with the 2.1 upgrade? I have installed about 30 of them and so far no problems, but my fingers are crossed. So far the only problem I have had is "the weather channel" app - the new upgrade won't install any widgets :-(

The other problem I had was that it took a long time for me to get a GPS lock for the very frist time - and I had one auto self reboot which I never had before.

Other than that I really like the upgrade - especially the speech to text when texting :)

Does anyone know if I can use the old Hero Keyboard with the new upgrade? or will I lose the little microphone. I thought I saw somewhere that there was a new Hero KB for 2.1 that someone made

Anyways so far so good!

bikedogrun

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone confirm the "no pinch to zoom" Someone mentioned it on the sprint forum and no one confirmed it. One other person just said "You don't have it". Does that mean they do or it'ds just not on there. Confirm please?
Very, VERY smooth, clean upgrade! Thank You, Sprint... for making it go so well.

I'm very pleased with 2.1 so far. As others have mentioned, it "is" missing/lacking the 3D App Drawer, 5 Homescreens, Live Wallpaper and pinch&zoom but everything else is there and working beautifully.

/BD :cool:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer