Samsung Moment Problem after 2.1 Install

LSanna1488

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
There are two apps in common so far that have been posted on here that I have installed....

Advanced Task Killer
Google maps update

Is it possible that one of these is the issue? maybe the Advanced Task Killer is killing some process that is needed for internet usage and streaming....that seems to be where I notice the internet drops and problems the most...

Hmmmm.....

If you have ATK set to auto kill and dont have your browser ignored then yes your ATK will kill your browser app.

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
well i deleted pandora, robotic guitarist, trapster. and have not had the problem since. i'm gonna wait a few more days then add pandora back and then see what happens. i dont think it's advanced task killer, that was the first app i downloaded after the upgrade and my phone was fine for almost 2 days, until i downloaded more apps then the problems came.

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
ok i think i found part of my problem, i noticed that when i use ATK and kill "voice search" my signal drops!! i stoped killing it and my signal been great ever since , not jumping around anymore.

Byzandroid

Apr 13, 2010
www.byzantiumnovum.org
I don't know if this will work on a Moment or not but when I had a Hero I had the same problem. Someone suggested turn on then off the airplane mode. It worked and I was able to download from the Market then. The Hero I had bought on eBay. I went from my Moment to the Hero at that time. But I'm back on my Moment now after updating it to 2.1 today. I am having no problems at the moment with my Moment.;)

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
ok i think i found part of my problem, i noticed that when i use ATK and kill "voice search" my signal drops!! i stoped killing it and my signal been great ever since , not jumping around anymore.

UPDATE, my problem seems to be fixed, i have not had any issues since my last posts.

much much better reception when i dont kill voice search. so tomarrow i'm gonna put pandora back on my phone and see.

JaxDreamFunding

May 6, 2010
www.jaxdreamfunding.com
I added voice search to my ignore list and stopped the auto-kill. I did great till Sunday Morning, when I ran FourSquare. As soon as it tried to get my location the problem happened again. I rebooted, and removed foursquare and have not had the problem again. I even used SPB TV to watch the shuttle undock from the space station and watched a few YouTube videos....

Not sure what is going on....would like to figure it out....I am not sure it is FIXED yet.

kjwhite622

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Just wondering here because it's not clear if I'm having the same issue, but yesterday all of a sudden I cannot keep my browser open. I press to open it to my home page (Google), it starts up says acquiring position the closes by itself. Is this an issue anyone else is having? If so has anyone found out why. The only thing I can think I did before this yesterday was update my maps and join latitude. Could either of these cause that. I have since deleted all my apps except for Google Maps, Shazam, Yellowpages, Battery Time Lite and Zebra Paint (for my daughter lol, don't judge). Any help would b great

JaxDreamFunding

May 6, 2010
www.jaxdreamfunding.com
The exact problem I am having is this...

When on EVDO (3G)...
- Phone signal bars go all the way up even when lower signal
- When streaming or doing a constant data download, the 3G / data connection drops and the icon disappears from the top bar.
- Phone signal meter locks to full
- no data or phone calls will go through...
- Airplane mode will not switch on or off to try to reset...
- only way to fix is to reboot the phone

This does not happen when using WiFi.

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
The exact problem I am having is this...

When on EVDO (3G)...
- Phone signal bars go all the way up even when lower signal
- When streaming or doing a constant data download, the 3G / data connection drops and the icon disappears from the top bar.
- Phone signal meter locks to full
- no data or phone calls will go through...
- Airplane mode will not switch on or off to try to reset...
- only way to fix is to reboot the phone

This does not happen when using WiFi.

thats what was happing to me at lease once a day, but it has not happened in a few days now, so hopefully it's fixed

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering here because it's not clear if I'm having the same issue, but yesterday all of a sudden I cannot keep my browser open. I press to open it to my home page (Google), it starts up says acquiring position the closes by itself. Is this an issue anyone else is having? If so has anyone found out why. The only thing I can think I did before this yesterday was update my maps and join latitude. Could either of these cause that. I have since deleted all my apps except for Google Maps, Shazam, Yellowpages, Battery Time Lite and Zebra Paint (for my daughter lol, don't judge). Any help would b great

try changing your browser back to vision.sprintpcs.com and go into google maps and log off latitude, see if that helps

kjwhite622

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
This just started yesterday. I have had the update now and google as my home page since the release date. that would be pretty s!@#ty if the home page has to be that. I will try it though.

kjwhite622

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
OK, very odd!! I changed my homepage back to vision.sprintpcs.com, logged out of latitude. Here's the wierd part. I can go to any website and it will not close, however, if I gop to google.com before it loads completely it closes. GOOGLE ONLY!!! What the heck, isn't this a google based operating system, don't they own android? Call me crazy but why would GOOGLE be the only website I can't use? Anyone else have this issue? Would this possibly be caused from updating google maps?

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
OK, very odd!! I changed my homepage back to vision.sprintpcs.com, logged out of latitude. Here's the wierd part. I can go to any website and it will not close, however, if I gop to google.com before it loads completely it closes. GOOGLE ONLY!!! What the heck, isn't this a google based operating system, don't they own android? Call me crazy but why would GOOGLE be the only website I can't use? Anyone else have this issue? Would this possibly be caused from updating google maps?

thats is odd. i can go to google.com with no problem. i hit browser then menu then bookmarks then google and it opens very quickly

dburr

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
It definitely appears to be software related, and for me, seems to be triggered by a combination of using location-based services (ie GPS) and simultaneous heavy data usage. Today I did a factory reset of the phone and so far the only two apps I've reinstalled are Twitter (the official twitter app, not twidroid or any of the others) and GPS Test (because I suspected the problem was GPS related, so I wanted to test this, it turned out not to make a difference). I ran it this way (only GPS Test running) for an hour or so with no problems. Then I installed Feedr and started syncing my Google Reader feeds while running GPS Test. Within 10 minutes the EVDO icon disappeared, signal strength pegged to maximum, and data services stopped working.

Also I remember I used to have a problem similar to the one described back in the 1.5 days, but it has gotten MUCH worse (i.e. more frequent) since upgrading to 2.1.

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
It definitely appears to be software related, and for me, seems to be triggered by a combination of using location-based services (ie GPS) and simultaneous heavy data usage. Today I did a factory reset of the phone and so far the only two apps I've reinstalled are Twitter (the official twitter app, not twidroid or any of the others) and GPS Test (because I suspected the problem was GPS related, so I wanted to test this, it turned out not to make a difference). I ran it this way (only GPS Test running) for an hour or so with no problems. Then I installed Feedr and started syncing my Google Reader feeds while running GPS Test. Within 10 minutes the EVDO icon disappeared, signal strength pegged to maximum, and data services stopped working.

Also I remember I used to have a problem similar to the one described back in the 1.5 days, but it has gotten MUCH worse (i.e. more frequent) since upgrading to 2.1.

I also have the EVDO icon disappear, signal strength pegged to maximum, and data services stopped working. In addition I get screen lock ups. I am VERY unhappy with this phone and operating system. I almost never get 3G but usually wind up on 2-3 bars on EVDO. I live and work in Queens NY. I doubt I will stay with Sprint when the ETF drops to I point I can live with for me and my wives phone, also a Moment.

JayC-Tbay

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Suggestion: Find a "Ready Now" Sprint location and have store tech load 2.1. Then check the "Download" function with their tech. I've worked with the Sprint store in Brandon, FL and they have been pleasant and easy to work with.

We've worked through problems on 3 Moments. I now have my 4th. One interesting problem on the 2nd Moment was that it went into Airplane mode on its own. Problem is a "known glitch" where the power plug is loose, and, since it is on the motherboard, it can't be repaired and has to be replaced.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I also have the EVDO icon disappear, signal strength pegged to maximum, and data services stopped working. In addition I get screen lock ups. I am VERY unhappy with this phone and operating system. I almost never get 3G but usually wind up on 2-3 bars on EVDO. I live and work in Queens NY. I doubt I will stay with Sprint when the ETF drops to I point I can live with for me and my wives phone, also a Moment.

I'm having the same problem after the update and it just started recently for me. I'll get the EVDO drop with full signal every once in a while and it makes me mad that I have to restart the phone to get it back. I also noticed that when in Landscape, my phone likes to go into sleep for about a second then the screen lock comes on.

Gonna contact Sprint about this.

JaxDreamFunding

May 6, 2010
www.jaxdreamfunding.com
I'm having the same problem after the update and it just started recently for me. I'll get the EVDO drop with full signal every once in a while and it makes me mad that I have to restart the phone to get it back. I also noticed that when in Landscape, my phone likes to go into sleep for about a second then the screen lock comes on.

Gonna contact Sprint about this.

I thought this was something that I had put on my phone, however, my wife hardly has anything on her phone...rarely uses her GPS ... never uses WiFi... and had the same thing happen yesterday...this is definitely a SPRINT/SAMSUNG issue....

I am going to Sprint tomorrow to see what they have to say...