backing up contacts before 2.1

evilbean42

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello Android users,
I'm a long time Blackberry guy, but today I set my mother up with her first smartphone, and I chose a Moment. Though I love Blackberry, I've always had a bit of a crush on Android. The Moment seemed better suited for what she wanted. She preferred the landscape slider form factor, and wanted to be able to run medical nursing apps. I must say so far I'm very impressed with the platform. Anyway, I would like to upgrade the phone to 2.1, and from what I've read online, it seems she will lose all the contacts from her phone book. Is this true, and if so, what can I do to backup and restore them. If I tell her I need to have them re-transferred off her old phone I know she'll tell me just to forget the upgrade and to leave cupcake on it. I've seen mentions of restoring Gmail contacts. I did sign her up for a Gmail account, but it currently has never been used and has no contacts. Is there a way I can pull her phone book contacts through Gmail, or is that only for e-mail addresses? Thanks for the help guys

op3rator

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
contacts

if you have a google account on the phone you will notice in your contacts list next to the name there should be a red m which is a symbol for gmail. when you update the device and sign back into that account your contacts will automatically reappear from being synced with google.

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
but first you have to sync your contacts with google before you update....

go to settings and then "accounts & sync" then look at manage accounts and make sure your Gmail account sync is on

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance