Apps on samsung moment

Justamoment

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

I am trying to get some new cool apps on my Samsung Moment. Please use this thread to post some good apps that you have tested and like so i can get some ideas, Thanks

linuxenigma

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Great Free Apps for Moment

Hi,
SMS Popup will allow your phone to notify you with a sound when a SMS message arrives. Very cool.

Ever hear a song and wish you knew the name, artist, and where you can buy it. Use the Shazam app and your phone will listen for a few seconds to the song, then give you the info, including where to buy it.

You are at the store and looking at some product you want. You wonder if that store has the best price. Run the ShopSavvy app and your phone can scan the barcode, report back what the product is, the on-line price, and where you can get it. It may also be able to tell you where else you can get it locally, but that database seems to not be well developed.

Battery running low a lot? Install and use Advanced Task Killer app to shut down the programs you are using at that time.

Gotta have those tunes or talk radio. Try Pandora, LastFM, and Listen.

All those apps are free, have a ball!

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
If you want more from email on the Samsung Moment, ditch the native Mail app and download K-9 mail. I only have IMAP accounts, and it does a phenomenal job with it. It supports starring/flagging a message (that works seamlessly with Google Apps Mail).

For a better browsing experience, get the Dolphin Browser. It's almost Firefox on your phone.

Get the Task Manager if you want to kill apps.

Places Directory is a must if you want to find things to do, places to do, etc. not only in places you visit but in places you live in. I discovered a pho place close to my house that I didn't know existed!

WikiMobile is a fantastic app if you are an information nerd.

If you are a chess fan, get Chess!

These are all non-memory intensive apps that do a great job.

These are it for now. I'm still fairly new to it and exploring. All the above apps are free. :)

Last edited:

tsafford

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
So exactly how do you "ditch the native app", as you mention with the mail app? I want to do that with the native messaging, because I really love the Handcent SMS app that was recommended on this site, but I'm getting double notifications. I looked on the "manage applications" but don't see a choice to not make it the default. Help!!
Thanks in advance!

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
So exactly how do you "ditch the native app", as you mention with the mail app?
Well, there is no notifications from the built-in Mail app if there are no accounts in it. Simply do not create any accounts in it (and if you must, turn off its notifications by going to settings), and it won't bother you. If you already have accounts in it, delete them. From there on, just download K-9 Mail and set up your accounts there.

tarebear120

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
messaging notifications...

So exactly how do you "ditch the native app", as you mention with the mail app? I want to do that with the native messaging, because I really love the Handcent SMS app that was recommended on this site, but I'm getting double notifications. I looked on the "manage applications" but don't see a choice to not make it the default. Help!!
Thanks in advance!

Hello, I don't know how to ditch the mail app, but I do know how to ditch the messaging....your messages will still go to your messaging inbox, but there's no way to stop that. All you have to do to turn off the messaging notificatioin is go to the messaging app, tap menu, then tap settings, then where it says notifications under the notification settings tab, you're going to uncheck it...and voila, no more notifications! I just got my moment a few weeks ago and I LOVE it! Let me know if you have any other questions :)