Getting a moment tomorrow cause my pre pooped out on me to many times.

jwinn35

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
okay so my pre died on me for the fourth time so the guy at the sprint store today tells me, you want an upgrade. he looks around a little bit like hes thinking about something and pulls out an epic 4g. I kid you not he tried like heck to get me into an epic. the problem is i am under an employee account through a friend and of course employee accounts cant get new phones like that for a while. I told him I was but he still tried non the less. anyway he came back to me with the ultimatum of getting another pre or switching to the moment. i thought about how much i love my webos and all then i thought about how im a phone geek and havent had an android phone to play with yet and said heck ill go with the moment for the moment. I thought well i know android is hot and if i dont like the moment i can sell and slide right back into a pre again. the reason why im writing is that i didnt notice any hey im switching to a moment what should i do threads since around the beginning of july. ive read up on apps and things im just wondering that with 2.1 on the moment should i still root and install a new rom and if so which one should i go for and how does the moment perform with these changes. I went from a 1.2 GHz overclocked omap processor to a moment so im not expecting anything spectacular, but i would like something that does perform. before having the pre i had strictly windows mobile phones, so the overclocked pre completely left my touch pro in the dust and i dont want to go back to struggling to do anything. i trust this wont be the case and any suggestions would be nice. its good to be part of a new community and i know you folks will be as kind as those over at pre central. Thanks again jwinn. sorry but also i have been looking like crazy trying to find a froyo rom for the moment. is this even available?

Last edited:

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
if you look at SDX developers website, SDX-Developers , there isn't an exclusive "FROYO" ROM,
but there are ROMS that have the features of Froyo (ie hotspot/tether/jit and increased MFLOPS performance) like MeatKernel v2.0.7rc5 FINAL, Amstel ROM 2.0, or Radioactive FroYo 1.8.7 (stable).

jesmann

Sep 1, 2010
www.mokaraoke.com
I just had the same thing happen. I replaced the pre two days in a row and was given two bad ones so I expressed sickness of being on 7th Pre unfortunately I couldn't talk into Epic but was given moment and not sure yet.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I never owned a Pre so I can't speak to how good or bad of a phone it was. I do own a Moment. The android operating system is great, regrettably the phone hardware on the Moment is a little (ok, maybe more than a little) crappy. It has known issues of going into airplane mode (supposedly fixed in yesterdays update, only time will tell), and a data lock up issue when switching from WiFi to 3G. Sprint has stated that an update is seated for Q4 to fix the data lock up issues.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I've used a pre plus and have to say you're going to love the simplicity of Android. I did like the card feature on the pre, but I'm enjoying Android way too much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci