New Update?

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Got the update today. Had to do it manually. settings-about phone-system updates-update firmware
I haven't had the airplane mode issue since my first moment (on my fourth). Looking forward to the data lockup fix in q4. I have had this issue with every phone.

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Got the update today. Had to do it manually. settings-about phone-system updates-update firmware
I haven't had the airplane mode issue since my first moment (on my fourth). Looking forward to the data lockup fix in q4. I have had this issue with every phone.

I got the update today automatically. Will be interesting how it works.
This is my third Moment, first one just stopped working and second GPS did not work.
You would think that Sprint and Samsung would be more interested in fixing these issues. My area is not even rumored for 4G and this phone would be good for those areas. When my upgrade is due in March, I'll be looking for a change. Not a Samsung though.

Sent from my Samsung Moment using Tapatalk.

rawmustard

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I had the update download OTA this morning. But Sprint must've simply transposed some of the numbers on its version history, since I show the baseband to be S:M900.8.0S.DE03 and build number to be ECLAIR.DI06.

Froggy#AC

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I had the update download OTA this morning. But Sprint must've simply transposed some of the numbers on its version history, since I show the baseband to be S:M900.8.0S.DE03 and build number to be ECLAIR.DI06.

I had the same automatic update yesterday OTA and had your same #'s as above.

I just manually updated the Firmware OTA and it now says S:M900.8.OS.DI06 for baseband and build as ECLAIR.DI06. I would try to update the FIRMWARE manually and see if it completes the update

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I have already tested several times, and it seems that this update has also fixed the crappy video recording quality that had appeared with the 2.1 update.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I had the same automatic update yesterday OTA and had your same #'s as above.

I just manually updated the Firmware OTA and it now says S:M900.8.OS.DI06 for baseband and build as ECLAIR.DI06. I would try to update the FIRMWARE manually and see if it completes the update

I manually updated mine yesterday because I think the OTA crapped out and it said: S:M900.8.OS.DI06 for baseband and build as ECLAIR.DI03.

Just now I got another OTA update and it now says S:M900.8.OS.DI06 for baseband and build as ECLAIR.DI06.

So far so good! :)

FixManTx

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Got my Moment yesterday and it has S:M900.8.CL14 build number CUPCAKE.CL14. When I try manually updating the firmware the phone says it's up to date, as well as when I try updating Android, it says "Your system is up to date."

Last edited:

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
If you "just" got your phone, give it a week for the Sprint servers to propagate(sp) i.e., no who you are - then try again.

That happened to me when I got my Samsung on launch day. Mine couldn't even do the check.

oeidesign

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else's phone not lock when you press the end button? I just updated this morning and my phone just goes to sleep now and no longer locks.

FixManTx

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, after a failed attempt to use the Samsung update software, I took it in to the Sprint service place and they updated it for me. I'm not sure why but the Moment has been giving me hell with USB connections on my desktop. I tried installing the software on my laptop and now the MBR on the hard drive is hosed. (MBR=Master Boot Record-needed for Windows to boot).

So far 2.1 is working fine, I can see a bit more responsiveness and after a few days I'll know if it improved battery life as well.

apyoung88

May 8, 2010
Visit site
After the update, I can no longer acess the market on wifi, weirdest thing. I'm on my 4th moment btw, can't wait until I can run away screaming from crappy sammy hardware.

FixManTx

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
You'll probably have to take it to a Sprint service store to get it updated. As I noted in my post above I couldn't upgrade it on my own, and the Sprint tech even told me at the time that upgrading the Moment from 1.5 to 2.1 had to be done by Sprint. I no longer have the Moment and life is certainly better now, at least as far as phones go. I have the LG Enlighten from Verizon which has nearly the same specs as the Moment but is tons better, plus the Verizon network blows Sprint's away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC