Moment Randomly Shuts down

prncssmelissa

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so this may be user error entirely - but I wanted to get some info.

Just got a Moment from Best Buy about 2 weeks ago - I did have to swap the first one out that I got b/c the battery life was absolute crap. The one I've got now is doing better - there's no doubt - but I'm seeing an issue that was occuring with the first one.

Randomly, my phone shuts itself down - the only way to bring it back up is to pull the battery and restart the phone. I'm used to the phone cutting off my screen and then having to turn that back on with a touch of the power button, but when this other occurs, I can't even get it back on with the power button - I have to actually pull the battery and reset that way.

Is there a setting I'm missing? Is something wrong with my phone?

I should also say, for the record, that when this happens, the battery is not dead - this occurs at any point - battery could be at 15% or it could be at 90%. It's random.

Thanks!

Melissa

bsmith1051

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
My wife's new Samsung Moment just hard-locked on her as she was trying to make a phone call. She's only been using it for 3 days?! I'm very interested to know if there's a problem with this phone.

prncssmelissa

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Someone else posted about the same problem - said its a problem with many of the android phones - and it's a bad os/hardware combo - easily fixed with a new phone. I'm considering taking mine back to Best Buy and going on to my third one...Third time's a charm?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney