barcode function in Contacts/

sparda07

Android Supporter
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I bought my mom a Moment last week and when showing her the ropes on it we found a program in the contacts that let her display a 2d barcode so someone could scan it and get the contact on her phone. Today we noticed that the feature was no longer on her phone?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Not trying to thread-jack or anything but I'm gonna be a Moment owner shortly and wanted to get this down. The Moment has a 2-D barcode I can scan from another person and get their contact info?

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Basically, if you use the barcode scanner on my avatar, you'll get contact info for a paranormal group.. :)
They'll look similiar to that. You can bring up a contact, then bring up their barcode, and someone else can scan it from your phone and get the contact info.. Pretty nifty.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Basically, if you use the barcode scanner on my avatar, you'll get contact info for a paranormal group.. :)
They'll look similiar to that. You can bring up a contact, then bring up their barcode, and someone else can scan it from your phone and get the contact info.. Pretty nifty.

I used those barcodes to get people's Blackberry PIN. I like the consept!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Got my Moment on Friday and wasn't able to locate my QRCode pic :(

That's odd, I've been playing with it for a while, even found the code generators on Google.. :)

I just did the same thing and made one for my Google Voice number. Thanks for the suggestion!!

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to turn it on, it just is.. :)

Go to contacts, then select one.. press the Menu button, and you should see one that says something like "Barcode", tap it, and boom, there it is..

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
You don't have to turn it on, it just is.. :)

Go to contacts, then select one.. press the Menu button, and you should see one that says something like "Barcode", tap it, and boom, there it is..

Well what you know?!?! There it is!! I was looking through every other menu on the phone beside that.....lol

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
does this work with contacts that have pictures assigned to them? On my Droid I get an error every time I try to create one that has a picture assigned.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Cory, it doesn't matter if they have a pic or not.. the pic isn't encoded in the barcode, but the rest of the data is.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Are you using a replacement for contacts (like Phonebook)? Try tapping the contacts and then select a contact, tap menu, then should see barcode option.

sparda07

Android Supporter
Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
no replacement is being used we tried to get a home replacement on there but uninstalled it cause she didnt like it.

Brat

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
WOW!! I never even knew my Moment had this! This will definitely come in handy when I have to pass contacts to my fiance's Moment =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki