I just purchased a Samsung Moment specifically for the purpose of learning how to port ClockworkMod & Android (CyanogenMod).

What's the community like for the Moment? XDA has no forum for this device; and quick searches show some serious user headaches with the device losing connection, a lockscreen bug, etc.

Forgive me for being ignorant with regard to the Moment. Does this community have a custom recovery? What's the best (and latest) Android build available for your devices?
    04-04-2011 03:10 PM
    I just purchased a Samsung Moment specifically for the purpose of learning how to port ClockworkMod & Android (CyanogenMod).

What's the community like for the Moment? XDA has no forum for this device; and quick searches show some serious user headaches with the device losing connection, a lockscreen bug, etc.

Forgive me for being ignorant with regard to the Moment. Does this community have a custom recovery? What's the best (and latest) Android build available for your devices?

Check out sdx developers........and good luck.....I've spent over a year trying to root my wife's moment, to no avail......ended picking up an Optimus for myself and then traded my old BB curve for a hero to practice on.....both are gingerbreaded now!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    04-05-2011 10:45 AM
    Sorry I'm late on this one been away for a while But yes the SDX forums have a Moment section, they also have the links required and programs to root your phone, and keep it updated also, I am currently running a Samsung Moment with Android 2.2.2 EB283.1.0. So far I have had NO problems at all with my Moment since rooting it, and I've heard that all other phones on all other carriers including Spring have major problems with the Android O/S My wife and kids are running Transforms and they all have connection messaging, turn off and back on problems, and a host of other stuff that goes wrong, rooting the Moment is the best way to solve all the problems.

Go here:
    SDX-Developers Forum - Index
    Register and look around in the Moment development threads
    05-04-2011 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD