Tethering

shcole

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone succesfully tethered their moment? I would like to be able to get an IPAD tethered with the moment if possible. If anyone has, what did you use and what are the steps?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

won't work with an ipad. Bluetooth profiles are only for audio (tested in store) and there are no USB ports.

For the ROOTED:
Running 2.1:
Install one of tether apps for your device. I have a Hero and was able to get 2.0 pre-6 to work don't know about you Moment people. Maybe Pre10? Says samsung on it
If it loads and it doesn't transfer data on the first shot, try toggling airplane mode on and off again\

Sorry forgot the link:
Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

shcole

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys...guess I will hold off and try after sprint finally updates us to 2.1...hoping that is coming soon, and then I can try tethering...

htcman724

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
if your running 1.5 and have root the just install wifi tethering and you'll be able to tether you comp,ipad,and anything else you want.

dustin_thewind

May 7, 2010
Visit site
was referring to usb...honestly didn't know you could do it wirelessly..would you might pointing me in the right direction to get instructions on setting it up?

LSanna1488

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Wireless tethering isnt supported for 2.1 as of yet. We are waiting for the official release so we can get and modify the kernel.

Last edited:

shcole

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
ok, so now that I am on 2.1 (official) I tried pdanet. Got it to work on my macbook, but not on any windows laptop....driver they say to use does not seem to work...anyone got pdanet to work? How?

thanks

KitC

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to increase my reception on the Moment so that I can tether using PdaNet, any ideas? I live out in the country and reception is maybe...sometimes...two bars. I do not have broadband, am using a sierra wireless card with a booster. The arave from Sprint only works with broadband, so that is out. Any leads would be most appreciated.

rodgiddens#AC

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Wilson Electronics makes cellphone boosters that improve reception and increases transmission signal, including one called the Sleek. It is about $100 and is designed for a vehicle but can be adapted. Wilson also makes other boosters that mount permanently but the are more expensive.

htcman724

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes but we have wifi tethering now for 2.1 just download it from the market and make sure you have a kernal that supports it.

Sent from my Mighty Dream using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech