disabling the mute button on the call screen

rounsy22

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
both my wife and i are newbies to the moment and the android platform, came from blackberry tours. we love our phones so far except for when we are on the phone talking to someone we always seem to hit the mute button and dont realize it until its too late. any way of disabling it or getting rid of it from the call screen? thanks in advance!

op3rator

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
android 2.1 will resolve this issue however when we will get it is so up in the air that my fingers hurt from being crossed for soo long so until then just use the phone away from your cheek sorry bud

gamy2121

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
both my wife and i are newbies to the moment and the android platform, came from blackberry tours. we love our phones so far except for when we are on the phone talking to someone we always seem to hit the mute button and dont realize it until its too late. any way of disabling it or getting rid of it from the call screen? thanks in advance!

How do you like the moment compared to the tour? Do you get your emails instantly like on the blackberry?

prncssmelissa

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
How do you like the moment compared to the tour? Do you get your emails instantly like on the blackberry?

I also came from a Tour and overall, I'm extremely happy! I think there are things that can be improved, but overall, I've had a much better experience with the Moment than the Tour.

My emails come through just a fast as they did on my Tour - I get them at the same time my desktop does (as in, I have gmail open, i hear the email sound at the same time it pops up in my web based email).

Signal strength is much better than I had on the Tour (I had HORRIBLE HORRIBLE issues with signal on my Tour), and I rarely drop a call (except for the mute button issue, but that's not dropping from signal issues).

I'm excited for 2.1, and I'm now a total android addict :)

gamy2121

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Cool thanks for the info.....I think I will go trade the curve 8530 this week for a moment.....Im still within my 30 days lol

Last edited:

chibucks

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

if you have root, here's a way to remove the mute & speakerphone buttons from 1.5:

Phone.Apk with Larger Contact Images

rounsy22

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
both my wife and i had the same connectivity issues with our tours. i really like the moment so far, really solid os compared to the bb, even the hybrids or leaked versions. those were my two biggest grips about bb. as far as my emails or text go, i think i actually get them faster on the moment. about the only thing i miss about the bb is the messenger. there is way more apps to choose from on the android and most are free or a buck, way easier to swallow than the 5-20 for most of the decent bb ones. as far as rooting as it is called here, i will definitely get into that one i get my bearings with the android os! another week or two maybe, unless 2.1 falls before than.

rounsy22

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
does ac here have a quick launch like some of the bb sites? havent had much time to look at all the in & outs of this site yet.

appsbeyond

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Try the Screen Suite app on the android market. It doesn't disable the mute buttons, but it keeps the phone screen locked during calls, and stays locked for the duration. The unwanted muting/calling issue is usually a result of the proximity sensors not locking the screen at ideal times

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante