2.3.4 Rolling out now. Official thread HERE!!

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
2.3.4 is now officially rolling out OTA, post status reports and how its working for you here.

DOWNLOAD LOCATION: http://android.clients.google.com/p...749.signed-soju-GRJ22-from-GRI40.a14a2dd0.zip

Brings Bug fixes
And Video Chat!!

OTA coming over the next few weeks.

Android 2.3.4 OTA rolling out over the next few weeks! Has bug fixes for Nexus One, video chat for Nexus S. But a surprise is still to come!
~~@GoogleNexus

What's the surprise?

Update-- The surprise was a second puzzle to win a Nexus S, nothing really important to us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Further separation between the devices that have and those the mfg's/carriers will not upgrade in a realistic fashion. Google needs to change things to allow for faster updates by all mfg's.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
For those who don't know how to update follow these steps:
Download the update file (Two post above this one)
Copy the file to your phone’s internal storage (/sdcard). The Nexus S can flash any file so there is no need to rename it update.zip
Power off your phone.
Hold down the VOLUME UP button and power it back on.
Use the volume keys to navigate to recovery and press POWER to select it.
When you see the “/!\” symbol, hold the POWER button and then press the VOLUME UP buton.
You should be presented with the Android system recovery menu. Select the option “apply update from /sdcard”
Find the update file on your sdcard and then press the POWER button to flash it.
Wait for the update to complete and then select “reboot system now”

EDIT: I think you can also just download it straight to the SD card.

Last edited:
Reactions: squide

myphone

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
sweet! hopefully this will fix my freezing problem.. Samsung wants me to send my phone in and be phonless for who knows how long

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac