05-22-2017 10:24 PM
103 1234 ...
tools
    This is all going to be old hat next year when you can order a full meal and it's transmitted directly to your stomach.
    Lmaooo

Posted via the Android Central App
    anon8380037 likes this.
    09-17-2015 11:40 PM
    This is not nfc, is Samsung Pay.

Samsung Pay works with both NFC and MST (magstripe) payments.
    09-18-2015 03:08 PM
    I love the comments on this forum. Funny people... Samsung Pay is AWESOME! Works almost everywhere.. And the key it's take ur time it's not instant, it takes a few seconds... I wish we could see where it actually it should be placed...

09-19-2015 03:09 PM
    I've made a couple purchases at Wal-Mart and it worked great. Someone said to use the top side of the mag stripe and not the side and that's right on in my experience.

09-19-2015 03:53 PM
    I hope the N5 doesn't have to be naked. Most people have cases and I have a very thin case as of now. I hope that wasn't part of the reason it didn't work.
    Mine worked with a case. My only failure was a user error.
    iPhone 5_to_GS4 likes this.
    09-19-2015 08:46 PM
    I've tried using SP at a couple of different gas stations with no success. Maybe because the card reader is an insert type that completely take the card in?
    09-19-2015 10:28 PM
    I've tried using SP at a couple of different gas stations with no success. Maybe because the card reader is an insert type that completely take the card in?
    The gas pump readers aren't active until a card is inserted. You might be able to fool the reader by inserting a dummy card like an ID while holding the phone nearby it just depends on how sensitive the reader in the pump is.
    lbccpt likes this.
    09-19-2015 10:48 PM
    it works perfectly fine today, i was there at 11:13 pm est. Samsung s6 Samsung Pay Didn't Work At Walmart!-20150919_231345.jpg
    09-19-2015 10:56 PM
    The gas pumps won't work. Samsung Pay is designed to complete the transaction within seconds. Gas pumps will charge preliminary transaction initially and when the consumer finishes pumping gas it will finalize the transaction with the correct amount.

If you need gas and if you don't have your wallet with you (driver's license in the car), then you can go inside the store and prepay a certain amount, ie $20, and come out and pump gas.
    lbccpt likes this.
    09-20-2015 01:39 AM
    it works perfectly fine today, i was there at 11:13 pm est. Samsung s6 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150919_231345.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	423.2 KB 
ID:	197525
    Yeah, I wasn't patient. I went to three other store the next day and it worked without any issues. I just need to make sure the device is ready to swipe, be a little patient and it works.
    09-20-2015 08:39 PM
    Walmart was the first place I tried when I got access and it worked fine, no issues. I held the phone next to the Magnetic Stripe Reader, not where you insert the cart. After using your finger print and it start vibrating, thats when you place it next to the reader.
    09-21-2015 10:24 AM
    Samsung Pay is only rated to work on a "swipe" style machine. Any push/pull machine — ATM, metro station ticket machine, gas pump — won't work with it.
    09-23-2015 06:08 PM
    I plan on using nothing but Samsung Pay when purchasing crap from Walmart so it's good to see that it does work. They pissed me off with that whole CurrentC crap they are trying to pawn off as a replacement for contactless payments to avoid paying transaction fees to Visa, Mastercard, etc...
    09-27-2015 10:21 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't using a credit card simpler than using your phone? Credit card transactions in most places is so simple - swipe, and usually no signature required. It just seems to me, that using the phone is more trouble.
    I think the plan is that you can just pull out your phone tap Samsung pay and go with out the hassel of going into your wallet and using the card. I also remember reading somewhere that Samsung Pay would be using one time code technology where when you processed your transaction you would be given a one time use card number so your original card info would be secure.
    09-28-2015 07:17 AM
    I can confirm that my Samsung pay doesn't work at any of the Walmart stores I've been too. I've tried numerous terminals and self pay terminals as well. I even tried the gas station Murphy at the inside reader and all don't work. I have confirmed that Samsung Pay in my town works at the following locations:

Home Depot
    Office Max
    McDonalds
    Wendy's
    Burger King
    Culvers
    Ponderosa
    Meijers

As to what a few other individuals commented on as to ease of use and security, I can say that as a software engineer I feel more comfortable using my phone with fingerprint technology since I know no one can swipe my phone and use it and pay for my transactions. If they get ahold of my credit cards without me knowing I know for a fact that less than 50% of stores actually validate the signature. And because the US doesn't require Chip and PIN but stupid Chip and Signature it gets no better.

Also, for those interested Samsung Pay actually uses 2 heads on the phone. The first try I think uses NFC and the 2nd uses the MST technology so it will work at the tap to pay readers as well.
    Mrosales1122 and Kalnel like this.
    11-08-2015 10:45 AM
    I've been able to use it at Walmart in the Washington, DC, area. Worked with no problem.

Agree completely about the security. I literally cannot remember the last time a merchant checked my credit card for a signature, even on terminals where you get the message, "Please show card to cashier." Even if they did, it wouldn't work too well -- the signature has worn off the back of most of my older cards.

If I were to guess, I'd venture that it has been at least three years, if not longer, since anyone has checked my signature.
    11-09-2015 04:18 PM
    was just at Walmat to pick up two bottles of deicer... too darn cold here and I don't enjoy scraping ice from the windshield in the morning... come on, it's only November!!!???

Samsung Pay work perfectly when I used self-checkout. Thank goodness for MST. The lady next to me tried to use Apple Pay on her iPhone 6. I helped her but couldn't make it work. The Walmart employee walked over and said "we're not set up for phone tap and pay yet..." The lady didn't believe him and pointed towards me "but he just used it!" so I ended up having to explain to her that Samsung Pay was not Apple Pay. The Walmart employee couldn't care less and walk away and never to be seen again.
    Abhinav Kochhar and 20blks like this.
    11-10-2015 04:37 PM
    Just tried at a pump, it did read it but got mad and shut down all the pumps temporarily like it thought I was hacking it or something. Then I tried at Walmart, it read Samsung pay, asked about cash back, enter pin, then declined it. Think it might be chase that is the problem.
    03-11-2016 09:30 AM
    Just tried at a pump, it did read it but got mad and shut down all the pumps temporarily like it thought I was hacking it or something. Then I tried at Walmart, it read Samsung pay, asked about cash back, enter pin, then declined it. Think it might be chase that is the problem.
    I have chase and no issues. Make sure the pin your using is from your old plastic physical you used to setup with Samsung pay, not your Samsung Pay pin. Can even get cash back with Samsung Pay at Walmart.
    03-11-2016 10:01 AM
    I use samsung pay now very well at walmart. Sometimes i het goofy messages but not very often. The new self pay terminals work best but u have to know where to place phone. Go samsung pay! Loving it. Try to get capital one in your liated cards plz
    03-11-2016 02:58 PM
    Just a heads up. Someone mentioned security earlier in the thread. My wife is a Branch Manager at a fairly large bank and there is a new trick for stealing your credit card information. Of course the person waiting on you can write the information down, which has always been a possibility. The new trick comes from the guy behind you in line and its not the RFID reader issue. With new generation cell phones having HD video capability, a nefarious person, simply standing in line behind you, can video your card changing hands with the attendant. As long as they get both sides of the card, they have your name, card number, expiration date and security code. This is much better than the RFID scan. There is no decryption necessary or translation required. If you use your phone, the RFID scan, the writing down of information and the video taping are useless.

Just some information FYI,
    BigRedGonzo
    20blks likes this.
    03-16-2016 08:19 AM
    I just got my s7 and tried using the samsung pay at checkout. I tried twice and each time the reader said unable to process so I had to use my debit card to swipe. I noticed later that my credit card was debited twice from walmart for the same amount I paid using my debit card. So even though the reader said it couldn't process my payment using my phone the reader charged me twice.....I am going to checked tomorrow to see if the pending debits are processed on my credit card. If so, I will have to visit with walmart about a double credit....
    03-27-2016 08:25 PM
    You should hold it over the swipe slot or right next to it.

03-28-2016 12:21 PM
    More like less than .5%. I haven't had my signature validated in years.

03-28-2016 12:27 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't using a credit card simpler than using your phone? Credit card transactions in most places is so simple - swipe, and usually no signature required. It just seems to me, that using the phone is more trouble.
    Yes using a card is simpler if you are carrying a phone and a wallet but I think the point is to leave your wallet behind.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    04-16-2016 07:30 PM
103 1234 ...