05-22-2017 10:24 PM
103 12345
tools
    Yes using a card is simpler if you are carrying a phone and a wallet but I think the point is to leave your wallet behind.
    30 years ago, everyone was talking of the "paperless" world that computers would bring - we're still not there yet (although a lot closer). Paying by phone is "cool", but leaving your wallet behind isn't! We're still a LONG way from a world without cash or credit cards, let alone insurance IDs, drivers licenses, etc.

I use SP periodically, as I know where it will work and where it won't. It's marginally easier than using chip-readers, as they take a ridiculously long time to process. "Swiping" is still much easier than SP, IMHO.
    04-16-2016 09:43 PM
    That also happened to me too

Try self check out mine always works there.
    04-19-2016 05:48 PM
    That also happened to me too

Try self check out mine always works there.
    My local Walmart has worked at every register manned and self checkout. No issues here.
    04-19-2016 08:07 PM
    30 years ago, everyone was talking of the "paperless" world that computers would bring - we're still not there yet (although a lot closer). Paying by phone is "cool", but leaving your wallet behind isn't! We're still a LONG way from a world without cash or credit cards, let alone insurance IDs, drivers licenses, etc.

I use SP periodically, as I know where it will work and where it won't. It's marginally easier than using chip-readers, as they take a ridiculously long time to process. "Swiping" is still much easier than SP, IMHO.
    Just a quick search, Iowa is working on phone drivers license. I think it's in test right now. Geico advertises phone insurance id cards.

I'm working towards all digital. Tired of paper in general. I stopped carrying a paper notebook. Magazines are digital if possible. Etc. Not easy since I'm old, but getting there.

If I have my phone out, or even if I don't, it's not any harder then unzipping my purse, unzipping my wallet, pulling out the card, then swiping.

Back to topic. I haven't tried my Am Ex card at Walmart (where it did not work) since the MM update the other day, maybe I should try again. It did work on the vending machine today, like it has previously.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    04-21-2016 05:20 PM
    Just a quick search, Iowa is working on phone drivers license. I think it's in test right now. Geico advertises phone insurance id cards.

I'm working towards all digital. Tired of paper in general. I stopped carrying a paper notebook. Magazines are digital if possible. Etc. Not easy since I'm old, but getting there.

If I have my phone out, or even if I don't, it's not any harder then unzipping my purse, unzipping my wallet, pulling out the card, then swiping.

Back to topic. I haven't tried my Am Ex card at Walmart (where it did not work) since the MM update the other day, maybe I should try again. It did work on the vending machine today, like it has previously.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    I'd be curious what cards people have been failing with at Walmart. Mine was an AMEX also. I now have a new card (Citi) on SP, and will try it next time I'm at Walmart, although my local Walmart closed, so it won't be for a while!

Meanwhile, the AMEX card with SP works at every other place I've tried it.
    04-21-2016 05:49 PM
    I'd be curious what cards people have been failing with at Walmart. Mine was an AMEX also. I now have a new card (Citi) on SP, and will try it next time I'm at Walmart, although my local Walmart closed, so it won't be for a while!

Meanwhile, the AMEX card with SP works at every other place I've tried it.
    I've used chase debit with 100% success at Walmart. Even get cash back.
    04-21-2016 08:20 PM
    Amex here, didn't work. Something about invalid account or something.
    05-28-2016 02:30 AM
    US Bank here. Won't ever work at Walmart.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-04-2016 01:53 AM
    In the last 2 days I've used SP "successfully" at food lion and cracker barrel, where both cashiers told me it doesn't work, and also where I've used it several times before. I say "successfully" because the phone never gave me the blue check mark or there instant notification, and the cashiers stood there looking at me awkwardly. In the case of food lion, it went through only after she went to reset the transaction. At cracker barrel she didn't realize she needed to select credit. Got both notifications after leaving. Do I need to instruct them what to do? Used it on the soda machine too with no issues
    06-04-2016 01:39 PM
    I've had issues at cracker barrel as well. I'll try credit next time.
    06-04-2016 02:00 PM
    easier, live notification of bound card, secure and healthier!
    06-06-2016 06:05 PM
    It still depends on what kind of POS the store have. Yesterday I had exactly same issue on Walmart.
    As I know it doesn't matter what kind of cards bound. It is the software on POS did wrong job.
    The S-Pay emitter payment information repeatedly every half second or so, like you swipe the card every half second on the slot. Most POS software will pick up only one swipe and handle the payment. But certain POS comes the software wrongly designed or may be too cheap to tell there are actually multiple swipes, it simply add all information together! I say one of terminal shows my name on credit card as JackJackJackJack... and than pop up "invalid card"

I guess Walmart POS does the same thing.
    06-06-2016 06:21 PM
    ShopRite doesn't take Samsung Pay either
    08-20-2016 11:24 AM
    At Walmart, mine always beeps an error but just continue to hold in place and within 3 seconds it goes through, Everytime.
    08-20-2016 11:32 AM
    At Walmart, mine always beeps an error but just continue to hold in place and within 3 seconds it goes through, Everytime.
    That has happened to me, not so much at Walmart but other places as well.
    08-20-2016 02:25 PM
    as far as I know walmart has never worked with nfc. did not work with my iphone ether. even though they show how to use the new smart cards my wells fargo one won't work in the slot. I used to use my iphone at home depot and that won't work and my s6 won't work either.
    08-28-2016 02:21 PM
    My Sp used to work at Walmart and Walmart neighborhood market. Not anymore. It still worked after they put in the chip reader, but now they have "Walmart pay" and a qr scanner comes up and sp is declined
    08-28-2016 02:24 PM
    according to this article, Samsung Pay, Android Pay and Apple Pay can't (and won't) work at Walmart: Walmart’s new mobile payment platform doesn’t play nice with others | Apple | Geek.com
    08-28-2016 03:19 PM
    according to this article, Samsung Pay, Android Pay and Apple Pay can't (and won't) work at Walmart: Walmart’s new mobile payment platform doesn’t play nice with others | Apple | Geek.com
    Mine can and still does work at Walmart. With MST Everytime. Am I the only one?
    08-28-2016 03:27 PM
    Samsung Pay doesn't work at my Walmart's but it still works at Sam's Club.
    08-28-2016 07:09 PM
    Used SP at Walmart in Tucson yesterday. Worked fine!
    08-29-2016 08:04 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't using a credit card simpler than using your phone? Credit card transactions in most places is so simple - swipe, and usually no signature required. It just seems to me, that using the phone is more trouble.
    My Samsung Pay worked so much faster than using my chip card.
    08-29-2016 02:53 PM
    Sometimes I can get it to work at Walmart, but never in the self checkout line.
    09-05-2016 05:35 PM
    it works perfectly fine today, i was there at 11:13 pm est. Samsung s6 Attachment 197525
    Where did you put your phone at ?
    09-07-2016 09:16 PM
    Where did you put your phone at ?
    If you look in the slot and see the read head (in the middle). I center my camera lens over this area. And hold it until it accepts. It may beep a few times like it errors but it will go through or always has for me.
    09-08-2016 04:00 PM
103 12345