05-22-2017 10:24 PM
103 ... 2345
tools
    Sometimes I can get it to work at Walmart, but never in the self checkout line.
    I used SP at a normal register yesterday and it worked. Tried it at the self checkout today and kept getting an error so I had to get out the wallet. I even tried selecting credit card as method of payment and then tried debit card as method of payment. Couldn't get it to work either way.
    09-18-2016 08:55 PM
    I used SP at a normal register yesterday and it worked. Tried it at the self checkout today and kept getting an error so I had to get out the wallet. I even tried selecting credit card as method of payment and then tried debit card as method of payment. Couldn't get it to work either way.
    Yeah it's pretty embarrassing at the self checkout line because Samsung Pay will notify me that the transaction went through, but the register screen says otherwise.
    09-18-2016 10:25 PM
    Ha. It never notified me that it worked. Just kept giving me an error. Tried it at a McDonald's today and kept saying not approved. Got the card out and swiped it with no problems. Starting to be a pain.
    09-20-2016 04:28 PM
    Where did you put your phone at ?
    Someone posted this and I saved the pic.

Samsung Pay Chip Reader--where it is on phones.
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Pay Didn't Work At Walmart!-6962.jpg  
    09-27-2016 05:57 AM
    It may beep a few times like it errors but it will go through or always has for me.
    This is what happens to me. Sometimes I need to clear the transaction and try again, but I've always been able to make it go through. I almost always use the self checkout.
    09-27-2016 06:55 AM
    Didn't work 2 our of the last 3 times I've tried. I thought I would miss it by going to the iPhone 7 until Galaxy S8 comes out, but at the rate of failure I've been experiencing, it's no problem
    09-27-2016 02:54 PM
    It's been working again for some time now, at the nearest store.
    10-19-2016 12:52 PM
    In addition to MORE protection by using Samsung Pay, it also keeps a digital record of your purchases and the details of your purchases - a digital receipt if you will. That makes it a LOT easier to keep track of all your purchases and receipts. The advantages far exceed just "simply" using your normal credit card.
    11-01-2016 07:10 PM
    Hi N5 Peeps,

I seem to have run into an issue. I was excited to use S-Pay this morning at Walmart, and looking forward to some people asking me questions, but it didn't work, so I looked like a "Sucker - Donkey" in line.....Attachment 197065. I simply swiped up and held my finger on the fingerprint button and S-Pay started buzzing indicating it's ready. I placed the device near the pay device and nothing. I did the process twice, but no go. So, I had to pull out my wallet and swipe the card. Man.....that stunk!...Lol! So, Did I do it right? Was I suppose to hold the phone near the bottom of the pay device or keep my finger on the fingerprint button? That's beta for ya! Lol. Could someone please shed some light? Thanks.

Here is the pay device I tried to use S-Pay with:

Attachment 197069
    I may be a little late here, but I'm pretty sure walmart has purposely prevented mobile wallet type services (Samsung Pay, Android Pay, Apple Pay, etc) from being used in their stores. I had the same issue. The reason is because now Walmart has their own mobile payment platform where you scan a QR Code on the card reader at checkout using the walmart app. This way they avoid paying third parties "Royalties" for using their payment service because "Walmart Pay" is the payment service. The issue has nothing to do with Samsung Pay. The issue is on Walmart's end of things.
    11-30-2016 09:21 PM
    As posted in the other Walmart thread, worked at Walmart Saturday afternoon, Tucson, AZ.
    12-06-2016 08:20 AM
    I may be a little late here, but I'm pretty sure walmart has purposely prevented mobile wallet type services (Samsung Pay, Android Pay, Apple Pay, etc) from being used in their stores. I had the same issue. The reason is because now Walmart has their own mobile payment platform where you scan a QR Code on the card reader at checkout using the walmart app. This way they avoid paying third parties "Royalties" for using their payment service because "Walmart Pay" is the payment service. The issue has nothing to do with Samsung Pay. The issue is on Walmart's end of things.
    I don't think Walmart is blocking anything. I have had 100% success at every Walmart I've been to. You load your debit /credit card into Samsung pay just the same as Walmart pay. Their not saving any fees because you use the same card with the same fees. They did discuss using direct draft from your bank accounts, which had less fees related to credit card companies. And I can't see Walmart turning away anyone's money.
    12-07-2016 05:19 AM
    agree. samsung pay worked for me in all stores except Walmart. i think it is problem with chip reader in Walmart. i have never seen "ingenico" brand in any other srore.
    12-19-2016 10:53 AM
    agree. samsung pay worked for me in all stores except Walmart. i think it is problem with chip reader in Walmart. i have never seen "ingenico" brand in any other srore.
    I use Walmart pay because I have my Walmart CC attached as payment & it is not accepted with Spay but I have seen these ingenico brands at other stores when using Spay and it always worked. Not sure why some people are able to get Spay to work at Walmart & some have not.
    12-19-2016 11:35 AM
    The last couple times to tried to use SP at Walmart self checkout did not go over very well. The Walmart employees kept getting getting in the way, saying it won't work, then touching buttons. My last attempt was 30 minutes ago. The card reader would ask me if I wanted cash back, I tapped no, then processing. Then the terminal said debit card declined. Even though I tapped the credit card icon.
    12-27-2016 11:01 PM
    The last couple times to tried to use SP at Walmart self checkout did not go over very well. The Walmart employees kept getting getting in the way, saying it won't work, then touching buttons.
    For me, Samsung Pay usually works at Walmart's self checkout, but has lots of issues with a cashier. This makes me believe that it has something to do with the cashiers' process.
    12-28-2016 12:20 AM
    Thanks for the detailed instructions. The only place I was having trouble was Walmart - and only once in a while. Thought it was the internet there (like a black hole), but this works much better!

Dan, Samsung pay referral code B44E8B
    01-09-2017 01:09 AM
    Agreed. sometimes it's flaky for me, but it works at least 80% of the time now on the first try, and 100% by the second. The only other place I had problems was at Subway, once, with an S7 in a good sized case (S7 active in a bigger case worked just fine through. can't figure out that one!).

Referral Code: B44E8B
    01-09-2017 01:11 AM
    Got my first declined card with Samsung pay at Walmart. Tried it twice with my gear s3 and once with my note 5. Had to whip out the the debit card. Those who can't get it to work at Walmart, is it a read error or declined?
    01-19-2017 06:15 PM
    I used Spay at Walmart for the first time today. I was at the self checkout register. It gave me an error message so I clicked retry & received the error message again. The cashier came over & moved it back to the payment selection screen. I selected credit again & the payment went through this time. Is the system programmed to make you give up on the first few tries?
    01-22-2017 06:51 PM
    It's getting stupid now. I know stores are preventing us from using Samsung Pay. Or trying to. I have to use my card as credit now otherwise the debit card won't work. Walmart was the only one doing this at first but now all of the stores and brands are doing it.
    01-23-2017 08:21 PM
    I used Spay at Walmart for the first time today. I was at the self checkout register. It gave me an error message so I clicked retry & received the error message again. The cashier came over & moved it back to the payment selection screen. I selected credit again & the payment went through this time. Is the system programmed to make you give up on the first few tries?
    So I went back to Walmart yesterday. Went to self checkout. When I got the error this time I did not remove my phone from the cc strip & noticed the transaction went through quicker this time.
    01-24-2017 01:23 PM
    It's getting stupid now. I know stores are preventing us from using Samsung Pay. Or trying to. I have to use my card as credit now otherwise the debit card won't work. Walmart was the only one doing this at first but now all of the stores and brands are doing it.
    Yes...in order to increase my chances of the transaction going through I always make sure the sale is going through as a credit so I know Spay is probably a pain to use if you need to use it as a debit.
    01-24-2017 01:26 PM
    I was also at Walmart yesterday and tried it at a self checkout as well. First attempt my card was declined, despite holding my Gear S3 steady next to the cc strip. On second attempt, I got a read error but as others have suggested, I held it steady and simply moved the watch down just a bit and...success!
    01-24-2017 07:17 PM
    I tried a Walmart first time, as credit said no cash back the transaction failed or something. Tried again but with push cash back, it asked for my pin put my pin in for my card and...it worked. Tried some more it fails every time with out asking for cash back, only time it works for me when it asks for my pin.
    02-26-2017 05:32 AM
    Did you wait for the card reader to ask for the card? I've read that if you initiate the transaction before the terminals are asking for the card, not only it may fails but it can even causes issues to the card reader (Somehow), again, I just read that, I can't tell for sure if it's true or not.

I also wait and my S6 works with other places. I go to Walmart Neighborhood Market and nothing. I think it could be the shape of the machine. I go to a normal Walmart and it works fine.

We need to go to Samsung's website for S pay and complan

I love paying with S pay and its faster since you always have your phone in your hand and not your wallet lol
    04-28-2017 01:06 AM
103 ... 2345