Sucks that every major carrier except Verizon has samsung pay and we dont!

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-19-2015 03:49 PM
    And no word on the "Still in Testing" phase. Really is disappointing but I am using Android Pay in the meantime and it's working great for me. Hopefully Vzw will get up off it and release it to us to enjoy. Here's to Hoping.
    09-19-2015 03:52 PM
    Oops deleted because double post
    09-19-2015 05:10 PM
    I agree. Verizon should support Samsung Pay. I like that it works with magnetic card readers too. Android Pay is good but does not support Chase cards

ccpopham likes this.
    09-19-2015 05:11 PM
    If Verizon wasn't going to support this they owed it to their customers to make that decision clear before the most recent Samsung phones were released. By simply offering a sketchy statement that they are still evaluating Samsung Pay, it leaves their consumer base flailing in the wind.

Since the security measures seemed to satisfy every other carrier I can only imagine the "indecision" to support has to come down to money or perhaps who owns the data obtained from these purchases.

Why do I have a feeling this won't get worked out by the release date but instead sometime in October or November?

09-19-2015 06:20 PM
    09-19-2015 07:03 PM
    As soon as I found out Verizon was not participating in beta, I left Verizon and went to T-mobile. Where I live, the T-mobile phone reception is as good as Verizon so it was an easy decision for me.
    RastahMastah and ccpopham like this.
    09-20-2015 01:46 AM
    As soon as I found out Verizon was not participating in beta, I left Verizon and went to T-mobile. Where I live, the T-mobile phone reception is as good as Verizon so it was an easy decision for me.
    Smartest choice. Tmobile has been getting consistent updates for S6

09-20-2015 05:01 AM
    I tried TMobile with one of their test phones... I had no data or voice at home and only 3G most other places I went including work.

Verizon is 4+ bars of LTE anywhere I go around here. Girlfriend has AT&T and it's not impressive either.

Come on Verizon...

jboogie1289 likes this.
    09-20-2015 12:05 PM
    I bought my S6 from TMobile. I originally wanted it for wifi calling and Samsung Pay. But the coverage in my area is really bad. So I took it to AT&T and now I have great coverage. I use the Smart Switch app on my PC to get the TMobile updates which are much quicker than AT&T's updates. And I can use Samsung Pay when it releases from beta. Best of both worlds!!!!
    09-20-2015 01:47 PM
    I sincerely hope VZW goes with Samsung Pay.
    They must be looking at any negative impacts for them.
    Samsung Pay looks way better than Android Pay, at least for me.
    09-21-2015 03:49 PM
    How about us Verizon S5 owners? No Lollipop 5.1 and no Samsung Pay. Boy, does this suck!!

Posted via Android Central App
    09-25-2015 07:41 PM
    I've talked to several reps over the last few days, and have been told that they are getting it, but they don't know when. The last rep stated it will be "soon" but just like Apple stating Apple Music for Android is coming this fall, it could be a couple days, or a couple weeks. Who knows at this point. I'll hold out for now and hope they get it. Honestly one of the couple of reasons I have the S6 now.
    09-25-2015 08:43 PM
    The s5 doesn't have the hardware for Samsung Pay to work

09-25-2015 08:56 PM
    I got excited yesterday to see an update for my Samsung Galaxy S6 on Verizon, but it did not include Samsung Pay. Verizon is really pissing me off about this.
    09-27-2015 10:14 PM
    mine works fine on my gs5 from Verizon---what are you using?
    09-29-2015 12:22 PM
    I just used my Verizon gs5 with Samsung Pay . worked like a charm--hope u get yours soon
    09-29-2015 12:23 PM
    I just used my Verizon gs5 with Samsung Pay . worked like a charm--hope u get yours soon
    pretty sure you are referring to Android Pay since your GS5 does not have the hardware to support Samsung Pay.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-29-2015 03:10 PM
    I went to my local Verizon and asked about why Verizon G6's didn't get Samsung pay. The Vzw rep got his Samsung rep on speakerphone for me and the Samsung rep said that Verizon was unhappy with the level of testing so far, so they were testing it more and it would be released for Verizon in mid to late October.

09-29-2015 05:26 PM
    Just saw this on a Verizon Community Post from Will Graylin the CEO of Samsung Pay - Well it's his tweet saying it's coming to Verizon. Link below for actual tweet.

"soon to be down loadable on Google Play for Verizon customers. Hoping in the next week or so."

Can't post the link cause I don't have enough points but his twitter is open and you can see his response.
    09-29-2015 05:28 PM
    How about us Verizon S5 owners? No Lollipop 5.1 and no Samsung Pay. Boy, does this suck!!

Posted via Android Central App
    The S5 doesn't have the hardware necessary.
    09-29-2015 05:29 PM
    I went to my local Verizon and asked about why Verizon G6's didn't get Samsung pay. The Vzw rep got his Samsung rep on speakerphone for me and the Samsung rep said that Verizon was unhappy with the level of testing so far, so they were testing it more and it would be released for Verizon in mid to late October.

Oh they were lying lol. They have vested interest in Android Pay.
    09-29-2015 05:34 PM
    Here's the link to the Twitter discussion with Will Graylin, who is Samsung Pay's GM and a Loop co-founder. He says the app will be in the Google Play store in the next week or two so Verizon users can get access. Go to his tweet from Sept. 29 that begins, "OK, Samsung Pay just launch..." and read the conversation. That's where he references the app in the Google Play store.

https://twitter.com/wgraylin?lang=en
    Ryan Tomkins1 likes this.
    09-29-2015 09:26 PM