Can't add cards

Stake

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
The encryption shouldn't interfere with adding cards outside the beta. I had the same issue with encryption and Samsung wasn't aware of the issue when I contacted them. I was able to remove my Citibank card and add it back while my phone was encrypted. I still can't add my Amex for whatever reason. I even called Amex and they bounced me between different support groups on Friday. I'm going to have to give them another call since this is the official launch day.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Is there a list of cards that will be available on launch day? I have several others such as Comerica and Capital One and am hoping to add those.

Also for those other cards such as non brick and mortar banks will there ever be an option for those?

Posted via the Android Central App

List under Samsung Pay Compatibility.
Someone on the article comments suggested going to Capital One's Facebook and write a post there. Two people have and the first one Capital One replied with the basic of responses "Capital One: We're always adding new mobile features, so keep an eye out for the future!"

People are changing network carriers, phones, and banks to use Samsung pay. Samsung pay is changing the game in several areas for sure.

Someone got a Citi card just to use this. It's tempting, all I have is my Capital One CC and my bank atm card. But I'll probably just wait it out for a while.

saneras

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I Have the exact same error on my phone.
Samsung S6 Edge, Tmobile and the device is encrypted.
I wish there was a easy solution to this bug.

Earl_E_Adopter

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Think I'll go open a Chase account tomorrow. My bank uses Mastercard instead of Visa. I don't use credit cards.

Posted from my Note 5 via the Android Central App

Edit* Maybe not Chase isn't supported either.

Last edited:

saneras

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I got around this is by temporarily decrypting the device.
Once the device was not encrypted anymore, i was able to add all the cards that i needed to Samsung pay and encrypt the device back.
So looks like the issue is cause by Samsung pay not able to support while the device is encrypted.

chris_her

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Updated and everything. Nothing, still nothing. Can't add any cards. Visa, Master, American Express, Target, you name it, I've tried it. All except BofA. Not going that route, I had them once and was rubbed the wrong way. Never again BofA.

gargoylz

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Updated and everything. Nothing, still nothing. Can't add any cards. Visa, Master, American Express, Target, you name it, I've tried it. All except BofA. Not going that route, I had them once and was rubbed the wrong way. Never again BofA.

Yeah, what a bunch of crap. They have a special promotion in which you get your choice of a flip case or wireless charger if you install it and register a card by a certain date. Then only a select few will be eligible to participate. NOT HAPPY!

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
List under Samsung Pay Compatibility.
Someone on the article comments suggested going to Capital One's Facebook and write a post there. Two people have and the first one Capital One replied with the basic of responses "Capital One: We're always adding new mobile features, so keep an eye out for the future!"

Someone got a Citi card just to use this. It's tempting, all I have is my Capital One CC and my bank atm card. But I'll probably just wait it out for a while.

Oh yeah, I've used Citi before, and I might just sign up for it again Just to use Samsung Pay, until Chase come around.

metacuate

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Well all banks haven't signed up, call your bank, sign up is free for them.

Not exactly free. Requires a lot of back end software, rep training, infrastructure. Of course, most banks have done these updates already thanks to apple pay.

Posted via the Android Central App

Movein

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I used bofa during beta and couldn't get Amex for a long time to register, but finally got it on launch day. My son also has a note 5 so I added my citi aadvantage card to his to get the free charger, and it worked great. Got a text from them to verify, etc. Then I tried to add it to my phone and it denied it, so I had him delete the card, but still nothing. Called Citi and was sent to Samsung Pay support. They said the Aadvantage card is not eligible, just other Citi cards. I told them it worked on one phone already, but they said it was a fluke. Seems like this is the only bad thing about mobile payments is not enough banks are in on it.

xgelite

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here. I was able to add and use my citi aadvantage card before, but then I reset my Samsung pay app today and I cannot add it again. Called citi and they contacted Samsung pay about it and they told me I should not have been able to add it before because they are still tweaking some cards. It "should" be able to work eventually is what Samsung pay told the citi rep I spoke with. Rather confusing because It was working before.

Dave Leone

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Right off of Citi's android pay app:

The following Citi branded consumer cards are not eligible for use with Android Pay at this time: ATM cards, American Express cards, AT&T Universal Cards and AT&T Access Cards from Citi, Citi® / AAdvantage® cards, Visa cards issued in Guam. Citi business and professional cards are not eligible. Ineligible Citi cards that have previously been added to Google Wallet will be available in Android Pay until 6/30/2016.

I used to use this card with google wallet all the time. Its really obnoxious it isn't available anymore.

WalkMan56

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S7 through AT&T. I had a similar problem.
The message everytime I tried to enter a card was:
"samsung pay failed to connect to server try again later"

I took these steps and my problem was solved.

1. Please clear the cache and data of the Samsung pay app from apps>settings>application manager>Samsung pay>storage>clear cache/clear data.
2. Please reset the app preferences from apps>>settings>>application manager>>more>>reset app preferences.
3. Let us perform soft reset on the device which will refresh the device circuitry.
4. Hold the power and volume down buttons on the phone for 10-15 seconds and let me know the result.
5. Please check if the issue is fixed.