11-22-2016 05:17 PM
39 12
tools
    I have an American express, citi aadvantage card, and a capital one card. I can't get and of them on my Samsung pay on my s6 edge

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-19-2015 05:03 PM
    As of today, those banks are not available on the beta.
    09-19-2015 05:48 PM
    I believe bank of America and us bank, are the only ones that work for the beta.

iPhone 5_to_GS4 and Jpeezy33 like this.
    09-19-2015 10:12 PM
    American Express will work on launch day.

I've heard Citi will be available at launch as well not sure though.

So until the 28th BOA and US Bank is it.
    09-19-2015 10:55 PM
    I think Chase will work after the official launch.
    09-20-2015 01:41 AM
    I think Chase will work after the official launch.
    Chase is not one of the ones listed to be supported on the 28th which is official release date i believe

09-20-2015 05:05 AM
    Really unfortunate. Except for a BOA debit card, every other card I have I cannot add into the system. That include Chase and American Express.

If these card do not work at launch time, then Samsung really over sold the flexibility of Samsung Pay. So far it is very selective what cards they will accept.
    09-20-2015 06:38 PM
    Yeah I'm a beta tester as well and it won't accept my pay pal master card either!! Android Pay does though!! Really hoping samsung will support it soon or on launch day!!

09-20-2015 07:01 PM
    Yeah I'm a beta tester as well and it won't accept my pay pal master card either!! Android Pay does though!! Really hoping samsung will support it soon or on launch day!!

Android Pay will only support the PayPal Master Card if you had that card in the previous wallet app as soon as the card expires it will no longer be supported unless the issuing bank is officially on board by then.
    09-21-2015 02:53 AM
    Really unfortunate. Except for a BOA debit card, every other card I have I cannot add into the system. That include Chase and American Express.

If these card do not work at launch time, then Samsung really over sold the flexibility of Samsung Pay. So far it is very selective what cards they will accept.
    The beta is very clear about which cards will and will not work before the official launch I really don't know why people seem to be having such a hard time understanding that.

Also American Express is officially supported on launch day.

Samsung does not decide which banks participate but since they are not charging a fee like Apple does I would expect bank support to grow quickly.
    09-21-2015 02:58 AM
    Is there a list of cards that will be available on launch day? I have several others such as Comerica and Capital One and am hoping to add those.

Also for those other cards such as non brick and mortar banks will there ever be an option for those?

09-21-2015 05:25 PM
    Not so! I had my Paypal Master card in wallet and used it daily. It did not grandfather in!
    09-23-2015 12:54 PM
    Not so! I had my Paypal Master card in wallet and used it daily. It did not grandfather in!
    Thats odd I know a few people with the PayPal card that used it in the wallet app. When Android pay installed it was able to be added back in.
    09-23-2015 05:39 PM
    just downloaded 5.1.1 to my att galaxy s6 and it includes samsung pay
    i have 2 cards i want to add.... usaa debit and chase visa credit.... i sure hope one of these will work starting on sept 28!
    09-26-2015 08:56 AM
    "Just as when Apple Pay launched, there's no guarantee that your bank will support Samsung Pay come September 28. Out of the gate, Samsung has confirmed that Bank of America, US Bank, Citigroup, and Chase customers will be able to use Samsung Pay with their accounts; there's no word on when others like Wells Fargo might get involved.

As for payment networks, American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa are all onboard."
    09-26-2015 09:12 AM
    People are changing network carriers, phones, and banks to use Samsung pay. Samsung pay is changing the game in several areas for sure.
    09-26-2015 09:41 AM
    People are changing network carriers, phones, and banks to use Samsung pay. Samsung pay is changing the game in several areas for sure.
    I agree. I switched from an iPhone to Samsung and a MAJOR reason was Samsung Pay
    09-26-2015 10:13 AM
    I have got the application installed and when ever I am trying to add a new card (irrespective of what card - BoFA/Chase/Amex), I am getting a n error "Failed to connect to server, Try again later", tried calling Samsung Pay helpdesk and they are also not able to help and have escalated to next level.

Has anyone faced this problem before, if there is a solution available for it? Thanks in advance
    09-27-2015 01:19 PM
    I have this problem but thought I'd because I'm not currently in the US or on an American carrier. I just tried it because I have the t-mobile version and got the updates. I live in the US and back with BoA.

My phone is also encrypted and I read somewhere during the beta that that causes problems. Not sure if that's true though.
    09-28-2015 10:24 AM
    Did you try to enter it manually and ensure you have the current version.
    09-28-2015 11:46 AM
    The encryption shouldn't interfere with adding cards outside the beta. I had the same issue with encryption and Samsung wasn't aware of the issue when I contacted them. I was able to remove my Citibank card and add it back while my phone was encrypted. I still can't add my Amex for whatever reason. I even called Amex and they bounced me between different support groups on Friday. I'm going to have to give them another call since this is the official launch day.
    09-28-2015 12:01 PM
    Is there a list of cards that will be available on launch day? I have several others such as Comerica and Capital One and am hoping to add those.

Also for those other cards such as non brick and mortar banks will there ever be an option for those?

List under Samsung Pay Compatibility.
    Someone on the article comments suggested going to Capital One's Facebook and write a post there. Two people have and the first one Capital One replied with the basic of responses "Capital One: We're always adding new mobile features, so keep an eye out for the future!"

Someone got a Citi card just to use this. It's tempting, all I have is my Capital One CC and my bank atm card. But I'll probably just wait it out for a while.
    athenatp likes this.
    09-28-2015 04:30 PM
    Did you try to enter it manually and ensure you have the current version.
    Yes, I have tried and checked about the latest version as well
    09-28-2015 04:38 PM
    I Have the exact same error on my phone.
    Samsung S6 Edge, Tmobile and the device is encrypted.
    I wish there was a easy solution to this bug.
    09-28-2015 05:32 PM
    Think I'll go open a Chase account tomorrow. My bank uses Mastercard instead of Visa. I don't use credit cards.

Posted from my Note 5 via the Android Central App

Edit* Maybe not Chase isn't supported either.
    09-28-2015 06:18 PM
39 12