Can you all share the Tap and pay settings for the ones that are working fine? Today it was my first day trying to use Samsung Pay with my new Bank of America card and of the 3 times I tried it failed 2 times, the only one that worked was on Walgreens and I'm almost sure that it used just the NFC part of it and not the MST.

I called Samsung Pay CSR and explained them and offered them to send the picture I took from one of the terminals (I'm almost sure that both were the same), just the regular magnetic readers we see most of the time in our local business, mostly because one bank/private company controls most of these systems. They told me that i should receive an email which I can reply to and send them the picture, I'm still waiting for it.

Take a look at the reader yourself and tell me what you think, I tried for over a minute on both of them, from all possible angles and positions, and nothing. I'm just thinking that maybe because I had Android Pay and just disabled it a couple of days ago something may be forcing to use NFC instead of the MST and because this terminals don't have NFC it didn't work, hence it just worked on Walgreens. In my Tap and Pay settings I had and still have Samsung Pay as my primary but the Prioritize option was off, didn't think I need it as I don't have Android Pay enabled, I just turned it on but can't try it as I'm at home already, but I'd love to hear your inputs about this.

What do you think it may be causing this, some settings or maybe that type of readers will be a no go? I hope it's not that as it will be frustrating because like I mentioned above, most of the local commerce work with this type of readers. Thanks

09-23-2015 08:30 PM
    Tap and pay is for android pay only. To use Samsung pay you have to swipe up the card and authorize it with your finger print

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-23-2015 09:41 PM
    Tap and pay is for android pay only. To use Samsung pay you have to swipe up the card and authorize it with your finger print

I know about it, but in the Tap and Pay setting under NFC, you have both, Samsung and Android Pay, logic says that it should be only for when you have both set and can use both with NFC, this will tell your phone which one to prioritize.

I'm just trying to see what could have gone wrong today that in the 2 instances where there was no NFC and I was relying only on MST, it didn't work, llike if the card reader never knew the phone was trying to use the MST. Like I said before, in both occasions I tried for about a minute from all possible positions, sides, top, front and rear of the reader and nothing.
    09-23-2015 09:56 PM
    I've used Samsung pay on that credit card machine it works. You don't need to swipe just tap where the magnetic reader is.

09-23-2015 11:48 PM
    I've used Samsung pay on that credit card machine it works. You don't need to swipe just tap where the magnetic reader is.

Don't you pull up the card from the bottom of the screen?

09-23-2015 11:55 PM

Well man i began hovering the phone over the machine, then tapping, then resting the phone over the machine and nothing worked, that's why i thought that was maybe a setting conflicting somehow with Android Pay and the reason I decided to ask here.

Thanks.
    09-24-2015 04:09 AM
    Android pay shouldn't mess with each other in settings-->NFC and Payment-->tap and pay. You can choose which application NFC uses by default. If you have prioritize by foreground app NFC will use what ever app is on the screen. I have Android pay the default because I still use Android pay in case I want to use a card that isn't compatible with Sansung pay which is everything but my US bank card. You have to have let Samsung pay have access to at lsleast NFC in the foreground. It won't work if you don't let it have any access to NFC.

09-24-2015 09:34 AM
    Android pay shouldn't mess with each other in settings-->NFC and Payment-->tap and pay. You can choose which application NFC uses by default. If you have prioritize by foreground app NFC will use what ever app is on the screen. I have Android pay the default because I still use Android pay in case I want to use a card that isn't compatible with Sansung pay which is everything but my US bank card. You have to have let Samsung pay have access to at lsleast NFC in the foreground. It won't work if you don't let it have any access to NFC.

Well, I'll switch to Android Pay in the Tap and pay Settings to see if it works better, I selected Samsung Pay because I thought that on NFC terminals then it will work without issues, but like I said, I'm trying to see if by leaving this on as it was maybe the App was trying to just look for NFC connections instead of the MST, so by now switching this setting to Android Pay it should force to use only the NFC. Just trying something different as the way I had it and haven't worked, it was giving access to Samsung pay in Tap and Pay.

I'll try this way next time and see, I'll post results here, thanks.
    09-24-2015 09:42 AM