11-29-2015 01:00 AM
501 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    So, if I was to get a Bank of America pre-paid card would it work , or no?
    kramerica likes this.
    10-01-2015 09:35 AM
    First use Samsung Pay @ Jewel Osco, worked like charm
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    10-01-2015 01:50 PM
    Planning to buy an off-contract T-Mo Note 5 and put it on T-Mo prepaid ($30/month plan with 5GB 4G LTE data). Does Samsung Pay work on T-Mobile Prepaid? Will it also work on Cricket Prepaid?
    10-01-2015 04:52 PM
    Or any pre-paid card at all?
    10-01-2015 05:33 PM
    Made another attempt at using Samsung Pay today using MST. It didn't work again. I have yet to get it to work. I even took off the very thin case that I have on the phone.

I may just have to break down and try the Samsung support line.

This is the feature that I was most excited about on the phone, then it took 5 months to get and now I can't get it to work.
    10-01-2015 07:01 PM
    youtube samsung pay verizon, some guy posted a work around
    10-01-2015 07:09 PM
    Made another attempt at using Samsung Pay today using MST. It didn't work again. I have yet to get it to work. I even took off the very thin case that I have on the phone.

I may just have to break down and try the Samsung support line.

This is the feature that I was most excited about on the phone, then it took 5 months to get and now I can't get it to work.
    Try and transfer a file using nfc. I narrowed it down to that and found out my phone was defective.
    10-01-2015 07:44 PM
    I happened to have a BoA credit card that I guess I've kept around in case of an emergency. I was able to register it without any difficulty. I tried Samsung Pay at a small locally owned store yesterday. The woman behind the counter said, "Ummm, I......don't think.....oh cool!"

It worked quickly and easily. That said, I don't think I will be using it often in the near future. I don't like to buy stuff on my credit card, and my bank, Wells Fargo, is not yet participating. Also, it is not much more convineient than pulling out a card and swiping it. As long as I have to carry a wallet for other reasons, I might as well carry my debit card.
    10-02-2015 09:15 AM
    Also, it is not much more convineient than pulling out a card and swiping it. As long as I have to carry a wallet for other reasons, I might as well carry my debit card.
    Tokenization ... Security .... Security ....
    www dot samsung dot com/us/support/answer/ANS00043866/997410219/
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    10-02-2015 10:31 AM
    Tokenization ... Security .... Security ....
    www dot samsung dot com/us/support/answer/ANS00043866/997410219/
    Sure, that is a reason to use Samsung Pay. I'm personally not that concerned. The new chipped cards help, and liability is on the vendors/banks. When Wells Fargo gets on board, I might use the phone option more often.
    10-02-2015 10:40 AM
    Or any pre-paid card at all?
    Unfortunately NO...
    10-02-2015 12:26 PM
    So I just tried to use it for the very first time at a vending machine here at work and it wouldn't work. The card is citi and it was activated fine. Could it just be the vending machine card reader won't work with it? . Getting ready to try it at a Walmart this evening. Anyone else used at walmart?

Posted via the Android Central App
    bfilipowski likes this.
    10-02-2015 03:02 PM
    Anyone being asked to provide the security code of their card when using Samsung Pay? I was asked today but I mistakenly provided the code for my Amex when I apparently used by BoA Visa. Seems like the transaction went through though. Just wondering why the security code would even matter..and whether or can just make one up next time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    10-02-2015 03:13 PM
    So I just tried to use it for the very first time at a vending machine here at work and it wouldn't work. The card is citi and it was activated fine. Could it just be the vending machine card reader won't work with it? . Getting ready to try it at a Walmart this evening. Anyone else used at walmart?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Yeah, someone on another forum used it at their Walmart and it did Not work.
    10-02-2015 05:49 PM
    Although I don't have a B of A, US Bank, or Citi Visa Card, I do have an American Express card which I was able to register with Samsung Pay. I just tested it for the first time at my local Safeway grocery store, and all I did was hold my S6 near the pay terminal and it instantly took the simulated card swipe! Pretty cool. Samsung Pay also was able to display all of my past credit card purchases on my Amex account from the app.
    10-02-2015 06:33 PM
    Well the one vending machine at work it didn't work on.....chalking that up to the card reader on it because it worked on a second vending machine. Went to walmart later and it worked like a champ!!! I'm loving this Samsung pay. Now just need my BOFA debit card to come in!
    10-02-2015 06:38 PM
    Nevermind! I'm good.
    10-02-2015 09:28 PM
    I was thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to filling out an American Express application as I have been pre-approved. However, for the moment I am working part time, so my salary is not going to be very large for the financial income text box. I have three more months until I can be told if I will be hired full time, AND if I decide to stay , plus if the money is right. Ugh, stupid Chase, having to wait. AHHHHH!!!!! the Torture.
    10-03-2015 10:35 PM
    10-06-2015 10:40 AM
    Way to go Verizon users!
    10-06-2015 02:28 PM
    I left USAA and opened up a Citibank account. Finally received my debit card yesterday and activated it on Samsung Pay. I went to a small gas station near work where I knew they had old card readers just to try it out. Went to the counter with a soda and asked if I could try paying with my phone. The clerk said, "No, our machine doesn't do that" and I just asked that he let me try. I did the fingerprint authentication and put it up to the card slot and bing...worked like a charm. The clerk said, "Wow, that's cool". Grin on my face.
    10-07-2015 01:00 PM
    Ah yesss! Just used it an a Taco Bell where the card slides thru a reader built into their monitor. I had to try it 3 times before it picked up the magnetic signal but once it did the cashier says "wow I've never seen that before".
    Of course not, it's Samsung Pay!
    This is so damn cool.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    10-07-2015 03:06 PM
    Yup, same thing at my local Taco Bell. Had the card reader on the screen. Used it there and it worked the first try. I amazed the cashier, especially when she said, that phone payments won't work an lo and behold it worked!
    10-13-2015 12:15 AM
    Also to add, I ended buying a fully paid T-Mo Note 5 and put it on the T-Mo $30/month prepaid plan (the 5GB data 100 voice minutes plan). Samsung Pay works on T-Mo prepaid no problem. Even was able to score the free wireless charger on the last day of the promo (now I have a total of 8 wireless chargers: 2 older square Samsung Qi chargers, 3 newer round Samsung Qi chargers and 3 Nokia Qi chargers).

The kicker was the 100% success rate I've had using Samsung Pay. I loaded my AMEX Hilton HHonors Surpass card and went to town on purchasing using it.

Places I have used it:

Taco Bell San Ramon CA - CC scanner on cash next to screen
    McDonalds San Ramon CA- (turned NFC off to test it) on slide scanner
    Safeway San Ramon CA
    Philz Coffee Palo Alto CA - Square register (screen that turns around with slider on it)
    Little Caesar's Pizza Castro Valley CA- Verifone scanner that prints receipts as well.

When I used it at Taco Bell, Safeway, Philz Coffee and Little Caesar's, all the cashiers stated they don't take phone payments. I said, "Watch this it works." Then they say (paraphrased), "That feature is not avail.....whoa wow!, how did you do that!" I even had one cashier (Little Caesar's Pizza) ask, "Can my iPhone do that." I gave a chuckle and said, "Only Samsung Phones can do that."

I have to admit, after the S-Pen, this is THE KILLER feature of the S6/Edge/Plus and Note 5. Sure Samsung might have been late to the game with Samsung Pay, but as a lot of Apple fans who say Apple doesn't release a feature until it's done right, Samsung Pay was a feature that might have been late, but it was done RIGHT. Once they get more banks on board, it'll be even better because it'll take companies quite a while to upgrade to chip/NFC machines, especially mom and pop businesses.
    jboogie1289 and pinkivy98 like this.
    10-13-2015 12:31 AM
    Also to add, I ended buying a fully paid T-Mo Note 5 and put it on the T-Mo $30/month prepaid plan (the 5GB data 100 voice minutes plan). Samsung Pay works on T-Mo prepaid no problem. Even was able to score the free wireless charger on the last day of the promo (now I have a total of 8 wireless chargers: 2 older square Samsung Qi chargers, 3 newer round Samsung Qi chargers and 3 Nokia Qi chargers).

The kicker was the 100% success rate I've had using Samsung Pay. I loaded my AMEX Hilton HHonors Surpass card and went to town on purchasing using it.

Places I have used it:

Taco Bell San Ramon CA - CC scanner on cash next to screen
    McDonalds San Ramon CA- (turned NFC off to test it) on slide scanner
    Safeway San Ramon CA
    Philz Coffee Palo Alto CA - Square register (screen that turns around with slider on it)
    Little Caesar's Pizza Castro Valley CA- Verifone scanner that prints receipts as well.

When I used it at Taco Bell, Safeway, Philz Coffee and Little Caesar's, all the cashiers stated they don't take phone payments. I said, "Watch this it works." Then they say (paraphrased), "That feature is not avail.....whoa wow!, how did you do that!" I even had one cashier (Little Caesar's Pizza) ask, "Can my iPhone do that." I gave a chuckle and said, "Only Samsung Phones can do that."

I have to admit, after the S-Pen, this is THE KILLER feature of the S6/Edge/Plus and Note 5. Sure Samsung might have been late to the game with Samsung Pay, but as a lot of Apple fans who say Apple doesn't release a feature until it's done right, Samsung Pay was a feature that might have been late, but it was done RIGHT. Once they get more banks on board, it'll be even better because it'll take companies quite a while to upgrade to chip/NFC machines, especially mom and pop businesses.
    Awesome.

I love it on my Note 5 but I think it really won't take off until any/all bank credit/debit cards can be used AND having it available on more phones besides the high end Samsung phones. That's where Android Pay has an advantage since basically every phone had NFC whereas only the new Samsung phones have the hardware to support Samsung Pay.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    10-14-2015 12:24 AM
501 ... 1617181920 ...