11-29-2015 01:00 AM
501 ... 1718192021
tools
    Awesome.

I love it on my Note 5 but I think it really won't take off until any/all bank credit/debit cards can be used AND having it available on more phones besides the high end Samsung phones. That's where Android Pay has an advantage since basically every phone had NFC whereas only the new Samsung phones have the hardware to support Samsung Pay.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    Ya, they should get it on all Samsung phones, if it doesn't have MST, than it can be only NFC.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-14-2015 05:22 AM
    Finally used Samsung pay for the first time today. It works great. I love it.

10-14-2015 01:00 PM
    I have not been able to use mine yet. It has been frustrating to find a card. I do not want to use credit and I cannot seem to find any prepaid or gift cards that will work with it. I am too broke to open another bank account in order to get a debit card. I do not want to change banks from my fee free bank to one that has too many fees. I wish there was a list of actual cards that are supported instead of just names of banks that supports it. Too bad amex serve does not work. I would have thought it would since it worked with isis/softcard. oh well, maybe when they start supporting the chase bank, I will find something.
    10-14-2015 01:56 PM
    Using Samsung Pay at 7-11's, where b4 the ckerk can finsh saying, excuse me sir we don't except apple pay, the beep goes through, receipt prints out, I show them the front of my phone and walk out, NEVER GETS OLD!

Sent from Da Beast, AKA, The classy white, Galaxy Note 5
    10-14-2015 05:56 PM
    I have not been able to use mine yet. It has been frustrating to find a card. I do not want to use credit and I cannot seem to find any prepaid or gift cards that will work with it. I am too broke to open another bank account in order to get a debit card. I do not want to change banks from my fee free bank to one that has too many fees. I wish there was a list of actual cards that are supported instead of just names of banks that supports it. Too bad amex serve does not work. I would have thought it would since it worked with isis/softcard. oh well, maybe when they start supporting the chase bank, I will find something.
    No Pre-paid cards will work.

CHASE said they will offer support later this year. We'll see.....
    10-14-2015 06:55 PM
    I got tired of waiting for chase and wanted to earn points/cash back. So I signed up for Citi card double cash back. So nice...

T mobile and Citi card earned my business because they joined Samsung pay.
    10-15-2015 01:08 AM
    Hey, just FYI. I left USAA which also has no fees. I started a Citibank checking account just so i could use Samsung Pay. It is easier to open an account than you might think. There are zero fees to start a new account at Citibank and it can be done ALL online. I never had to step in a Citi bank to set it up. While my direct deposit was pending, i simply deposited $25 into the new account.

To your worries about paying fees for everything, I haven't noticed any additional fees from Citibank for any of the things I do such as paying bills, doing transfers between my other non-Citi accounts like USAA/Chase. Perhaps you should open a Citi account online and check it out.
    10-15-2015 01:27 PM
    Just used Samsung pay and it worked like a charm. The only thing was it takes a little time to scan I guess like 10 seconds but the look on on the cashier's face was awsome.
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    10-15-2015 06:00 PM
    Just used Samsung pay and it worked like a charm. The only thing was it takes a little time to scan I guess like 10 seconds but the look on on the cashier's face was awsome.
    It should be close to instant. That sounds long
    10-15-2015 07:34 PM
    Droid Life is reporting that Verizon is updating the compatible phones with Samsung Pay today. I checked and haven't received an update yet.
    10-16-2015 06:10 PM
    On another note. Has anyone recieved the wireless charger or the case from the Samsung pay announcement.
    10-17-2015 08:05 PM
    On another note. Has anyone recieved the wireless charger or the case from the Samsung pay announcement.
    Negative. My charger is still on backorder, unfortunately. Kinda lame for a big promotion.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    10-17-2015 09:15 PM
    10-19-2015 09:27 PM
    Alright I was able to use Samsung Pay on Monday. Made payment with no problems. After the recent Verizon update the version I download the other day no longer works. When I bring up the app in the Play Store I get the notice that it is not compatible with my device. So Samsung provided a working app and Verizon broke it. Thanks Verizon.

Attached Thumbnails Samsung pay officially released!!-793.jpg  
    10-21-2015 12:00 AM
    Nope, still back ordered with no delivery date in sight. Really kinda crappy on Samsung's part. They should have at least had some units in stock to be shipped out

10-21-2015 12:09 AM
    So did all the updates and Samsung Pay is working again for me. Just went to the local coffee shop and paid with my Note 5. The clerk said "that won't" stopping in mid sentence and the register spewed out a receipt. She exclaimed "I didn't know Apple Pay worked here." my response was, "it doesn't and this is not an IPhone it is a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and it does work here."
    kevinpleasants and TheDonJ77 like this.
    10-21-2015 11:59 AM
    The look on the cashiers face when they never seen samsung pay in action never gets old
    10-23-2015 06:52 AM
    The look on the cashiers face when they never seen samsung pay in action never gets old
    Indeed

Abhinav Kochhar and pinkivy98 like this.
    10-23-2015 07:50 AM
    To this day after using it for a few weeks, I still get a kick out of seeing cashiers' surprised faces. It's even more fun when they mention if their iPhone can do that, and I tell them only Galaxy phones can do that.
    20blks likes this.
    10-28-2015 04:47 PM
    Worked great at Target store self check out. I love it!!

Cashier at jack in the box must have seen Samsung pay before. She was totally cool and knew exactly what to do with my phone.
    10-29-2015 02:12 PM
    Worked great at Target store self check out. I love it!!

Cashier at jack in the box must have seen Samsung pay before. She was totally cool and knew exactly what to do with my phone.
    I know Jack in the Box has had NFC payments for a while so she was probably familiar with it from that.
    10-30-2015 04:01 AM
    FYI, I noticed the other day that Trader Joe's has terminals that accept Apple Pay and Android Pay (it was clearly marked). I used Samsung Pay successfully, but I wondered afterwards did the transaction process through NFC or a simulated magnetic swipe connection?
    10-30-2015 06:15 AM
    FYI, I noticed the other day that Trader Joe's has terminals that accept Apple Pay and Android Pay (it was clearly marked). I used Samsung Pay successfully, but I wondered afterwards did the transaction process through NFC or a simulated magnetic swipe connection?
    You touch completely different part off the terminal. You have to know
    10-30-2015 01:41 PM
    You touch completely different part off the terminal. You have to know
    Yeah, for Trader Joe's prior to having Samsung Pay I used Android pay and the NFC is on the screen itself. If you had your phone near the card swipe then you did the transaction through NFC. If you had your phone near the actual screen then you did it through NFC.
    10-31-2015 05:13 AM
    FYI, Samsung pay worked at Kaiser permanente pharmacy.
    11-02-2015 01:15 AM
501 ... 1718192021