11-29-2015 01:00 AM
501 12345 ...
tools
    Called Samsung Pay support line because after factory resetting my phone, I can't download the app anymore. But I did obtain a lot of information though. The rep told me that the official release for the app is going to go live Sunday night and that everybody (GS6 and above) will have the app by Monday morning. Also, he said that they are in talk with a lot of banks and that new cards are going to be added on a weekly basis. So excited for this! Now I just have to survive going two days without using Samsung pay. 

Update: Was able to install it again!
    09-25-2015 08:24 PM
    Was able to add my AMEX as well today! Great to see this coming along!

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-25-2015 09:10 PM
    Yeah added my AMEX this evening.
    09-25-2015 09:37 PM
    nice. I just opened a Citibank acct just so I could just use Samsung pay.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    Your credit score is not amused.

verks likes this.
    09-25-2015 10:49 PM
    Was able to add my AMEX as well today! Great to see this coming along!

Yep just added it myself. I knew it would be the next one after I had tried a bunch of cards and it got further than any other cards did. Everyone place your bets on the next card available. I say Chase. Lol

09-25-2015 10:55 PM
    Called Samsung Pay support line because after factory resetting my phone, I can't download the app anymore. But I did obtain a lot of information though. The rep told me that the official release for the app is going to go live Sunday night and that everybody (GS6 and above) will have the app by Monday morning. Also, he said that they are in talk with a lot of banks and that new cards are going to be added on a weekly basis. So excited for this! Now I just have to survive going two days without using Samsung pay. 

Update: Was able to install it again!
    How did you get the app to work again after you reset your phone? Was trying to help a friend out with the same issue and couldn't get it to work

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    09-25-2015 11:01 PM
    Your credit score is not amused.

I'll take the ding. USAA told me that our debit cards wouldn't even be added to android pay until mid 2016.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    bplink95 likes this.
    09-26-2015 12:16 AM
    Just added my Amex too. It's my go to card so I'm very happy about this. Just need Chase and Discover.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    r56mcs likes this.
    09-26-2015 12:42 AM
    How did you get the app to work again after you reset your phone? Was trying to help a friend out with the same issue and couldn't get it to work

Honestly, I have no idea. After everything finished syncing , I opened the app and saw the "install button."
    09-26-2015 06:41 AM
    Did anybody try at Costco? Wouldn't the MST work?

09-26-2015 11:30 AM
    I used Samsung Pay today. Very fast transaction at chick fil a (without MST.). The cashier told me my total and told me to swipe my card. She was very confused when I used my phone to pay. Even the cashiers next to her and the manager were in awe when the transaction went through. When I got my food, they asked me what did I do and I explained Samsung Pay in two sentences. The guy next to me had an SD edge plus and asked me to, so I explained it to him too. It's very interesting the looks you get from other people and they thought it was apple pay initially.

09-26-2015 03:33 PM
    Just used s pay and Kroger and the cashier thought I was crazy. He said I am sorry but you need to swipe your card. I told him ok thanks and proceeded to hold my phone over the thingy. Then it said completed on his screen. He was like how did that work.
    09-26-2015 03:57 PM
    I used Samsung pay at Walmart today and it failed. It acknowledged and process then came back with invalid. I tried using it from two other places and got the same problem. I think it is problem with the bank though. It was trying to process, just failed. This was Amex card.

Update 6/27: Today, I was able to use the Samsung Pay successfully at HomeDepot and Panera Bread. It was effortless. It was nice to see that the Samsung Pay is working as promised. The only thing now: I am hoping by the launch day, all my cards will be supported on Samsung Pay. This will rock!
    09-26-2015 04:22 PM
    I just used Samsung pay at Burger King moments ago. No nfc there. The cashier kept telling me they don't have the equipment for mobile payment. But I kept asking if she was ready for my card. And when she said yes I fingerprinted my Samsung pay and touched their cash register. Bing! She was speechless.
    09-26-2015 04:25 PM
    When using your card are you getting a receipt of all transactions on the s pay app?
    09-26-2015 04:39 PM
    When using your card are you getting a receipt of all transactions on the s pay app?
    I don't think you will get the actual receipt. What you get is transaction at the place and total charge.
    09-26-2015 05:00 PM
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung pay officially released!!-1457.jpg  
    phone-a-holic and rgh718 like this.
    09-26-2015 06:16 PM
    I don't think you will get the actual receipt. What you get is transaction at the place and total charge.
    Correct, and regrettable. It'd be great to get paperless itemized receipts.
    rgh718 likes this.
    09-26-2015 06:21 PM
    Correct, and regrettable. It'd be great to get paperless itemized receipts.
    I like this better, I wind up losing my physical receipts. For expense reports.

beep
    09-26-2015 08:04 PM
    Totally agree people complain but still give them their service and money move to t-mobile like I did

I did the same...to bad people These days don't have the grit to have a voice but of complaining

09-27-2015 07:55 AM
    AT&T is more flexible, but they still cripple the[ir] phones as well. It may[ ]be a little less though.
    Other than blocking root capability, is there anything AT&T prevents the Note 5 from doing?
    09-27-2015 09:32 AM
    I did the same...to bad people These days don't have the grit to have a voice but of complaining

No, what's bad is people that are so narrow minded that they believe their solution to a problem will fit everyone else.

Changing from Verizon to any other carrier in my area where I could have a cheaper plan and use S pay (maybe even more data) make no sense if you can't stay connected. So, instead of not having the grit to make a change, it's about having enough common sense to choose what's most important to you as a user.

One solution does not fit all.

09-27-2015 09:49 AM
    The coverage of Verizon beats everyone hands down. I have been with them for years and have many devices on their service. Everyone saying we drop and switch, do you know how expensive that would be to buy new devices on another carrier? I just can't afford thousands of dollars to switch to another carrier with less coverage. I would love to have Samsung pay and get away from Verizon but like many people for one reason or another we are locked in. People with less money who can't afford to just jump when we feel like it or buy a new flagship phone every couple of months as several of you do, do not live in your world.

09-27-2015 10:01 AM
    From my 15+ years as a verizon customer one thing I learned is they don't care what the customer thinks. They only care what makes them money and Samsung pay clearly doesn't do that. As for Verizon's best network I in my area AT&T crushes them on LTE & HSDPA+ speeds compared to Verizon how about 5-10 times faster. I will give them kudos for a broad network but I don't care for their bait and switch tactics that keep you chained to their network.
    09-27-2015 10:34 AM
    No, what's bad is people that are so narrow minded that they believe their solution to a problem will fit everyone else.

Changing from Verizon to any other carrier in my area where I could have a cheaper plan and use S pay (maybe even more data) make no sense if you can't stay connected. So, instead of not having the grit to make a change, it's about having enough common sense to choose what's most important to you as a user.

One solution does not fit all.

Totally agree

09-27-2015 10:35 AM
501 12345 ...