Samsung pay officially released!!

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
If you currently own and use a Samsung S6, S6 edge, or Note5 and your carrier is Verizon Wireless, and you want to be able to use Samsung Pay like every other owner of Samsung's newest phones, with other carriers, go to the Verizon Forum and let them know!

It will take you literally two minutes or less to post a message, asking that Verizon let their customers participate in Samsung Pay!

The more messages they get, the more likely they'll approve it.

If you really want to light a match under their a$$, call them!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: With Verizon? Want Samsung Pay?

What a crap company .. Why the hell an useless carrier have a say in this. Idiots.. Always crapping phones with their ugly logos, bloat, removing features, modifying designs etc.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

If you currently own and use a Samsung S6, S6 edge, or Note5 and your carrier is Verizon Wireless, and you want to be able to use Samsung Pay like every other owner of Samsung's newest phones, with other carriers, go to the Verizon Forum and let them know!

It will take you literally two minutes or less to post a message, asking that Verizon let their customers participate in Samsung Pay!

The more messages they get, the more likely they'll approve it.

If you really want to light a match under their a$$, call them!

Done!

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site

What a crap company .. Why the hell an useless carrier have a say in this. Idiots.. Always crapping phones with their ugly logos, bloat, removing features, modifying designs etc.

Thats why I would never go to Verizon, besides the high cost. They are constantly crippling their phones. Only phones they aren't allowed to touch are iPhones.

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site

I posted even though I doubt it will make any difference. I have no illusions that Verizon cares what I think or whether or not I stay with them or go!

Posted for my Galaxy Note 5 with a properly inserted S Pen!

zero157h7

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

Let's not be hasty. Verizon just changed their plans and simplified them. Most would say that this is because of pressure from T-Mobile. Now T-Mobile may not be in danger of catching Verizon any time soon but something definitely got enough of their attention to get them to make some small changes.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site

I left VZ a little over 2 years ago because of their lack of flexibility and so on. I have been very happy, and with more phone choices every since I left them. I agree with the OP though. You gotta speak up if you have any chance of getting them to make a change.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Done really hope they support before the official release. Really bummed I couldn't take part of the beta. Wanted to try it when I go out of state for my bday which happens to be a day before launch(Sept 27th).

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

It is my belief that Verizon will NOT support Samsung Pay. "Still evaluating" is Corporate speak for no way. I have been with Verizon for over 10 years. They continue to cripple phones taking away features that customers demand. The phone manufacturers listen to customers request only to have verizon block them.
That is no different than if Comcast blocked your computer from using your online banking service. Today carriers are a pipeline. By continuing to block features and software or removing software manufacturers will move to bypassing the carrier and sell direct to the consumer like Motorola is doing with the X Pure. If the X Pure is successful it could well start a revolution as more manufacturers will follow and the carriers will be reduced to nothing more than the pipeline they should be.
Lower cost phones that will work on any network! The carriers will have to provide quality service or we can simply take our phone and money elsewhere.

Posted using my Verizon crippled Note 5.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

It is my belief that Verizon will NOT support Samsung Pay. "Still evaluating" is Corporate speak for no way. I have been with Verizon for over 10 years. They continue to cripple phones taking away features that customers demand. The phone manufacturers listen to customers request only to have verizon block them.

This is exactly why we ported over to AT&T last Saturday. Had it with Verizon and all their excuses and crap.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

As much as I dislike the Verizon company, I cannot get rid of them because no one else has close to the coverage I get. EVERY time I travel, I have better signal than those around me with Tmob, AT&T or US cellular. Plus, I am grandfathered into true unlimited and use it as such, so I won't be dropping that until forced to do so

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

I've said for many years; dealing with Verizon is like dealing with the devil. Unfortunately it's a necessary evil since they do have the best signal service (for me).

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

AT&T is more flexible, but they still cripple there phones as well. It maybe a little less though.

Posted via the Android Central App

busa2006

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

That is no different than if Comcast blocked your computer from using your online banking service. Today carriers are a pipeline. By continuing to block features and software or removing software manufacturers will move to bypassing the carrier and sell direct to the consumer like Motorola is doing with the X Pure. If the X Pure is successful it could well start a revolution as more manufacturers will follow and the carriers will be reduced to nothing more than the pipeline they should be.
Lower cost phones that will work on any network! The carriers will have to provide quality service or we can simply take our phone and money elsewhere.

Totally agree people complain but still give them their service and money move to t-mobile like I did

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Pay Tips and Tricks

If anyone has any tips and tricks using Samsung Pay, please post. It's only beta, but perhaps as time goes on (especially after go-live Sept 28th) maybe people might know where to place the N5, Edge+,S6 and Edge on the pay device and S-Pay options as updates come along. Here are my two tips. Perhaps, you already knew, because I didn't know.

1. Swipe-up while the screen is off.
2. Setup NFC to only turn-on when S-Pay is used. Then it turns off automatically.

Anyone else?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Pay Tips and Tricks

You don't even have to turn NFC on. I leave mine off and it still works...probably better for saving battery

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Pay Update

I received an S-Pay update today and noticed just a few changes the tab at the bottom on the lock screen is bigger and more noticeable. And the virtual card number shows next to the actual card.

Screenshot_2015-09-17-10-17-07[1].jpg
Screenshot_2015-09-17-10-16-03[1].jpg

crp852

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Pay Tips and Tricks

Don't try to use a temporary debit card because it won't verify within Samsung Pay.

Background: I thought I'd open up a Bank of America checking account at one of their local branches and then use the debit card I received when I opened the account. But, in Samsung Pay, after entering the card details, the verification process failed. I was sent to a page (still in Samsung Pay) that gave me a phone number to call. It was the number to the Electronic Wallet department at Bank of America. The helpful agent there told me I couldn't use a Temporary Debit card in Samsung Pay, but will be able to use the permanent card issued in my name, once I have it (5 - 7 business days). So close.....

crp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton