11-29-2015 01:00 AM
501 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I have to agree. For a good many of us, location is a key factor. If you live on the East Coast the area is well covered. Here in the Pacific Northwest we have huge gaps in coverage. Even Verizon does not reach everywhere. If you are on Tmobile or Sprint and never leave say Seattle. Then these providers work well. If you live outside a major city here then your only REAL option is Verizon.

As for me I live in a small town and teavel. Only Verizon offers the coverage I need at this time. However, I just read where Sprint is foregoing the 600MgHz auction to spend the money on new towers. Also Tmobile is working on expanding its coverage. In another article it seems that Verizon is no longer the number of one mobile provider slipping to number 2 overall with Tmobile taking the number one slot.

As to those that think leaving Verizon will have any effect on the company, think again. With over 130 million customers at least 10% or 13 million would have to leave before anyone in corporate would notice.

I have resigned myself that we will not get Samsung pay, or at least it will take 6 months to a year before Verizon allows it. If they were going to support it, they would have said so by now.

Posted using my Verizon crippled Note 5.
    09-27-2015 10:44 AM
    The coverage of Verizon beats everyone hands down. I have been with them for years and have many devices on their service. Everyone saying we drop and switch, do you know how expensive that would be to buy new devices on another carrier? I just can't afford thousands of dollars to switch to another carrier with less coverage. I would love to have Samsung pay and get away from Verizon but like many people for one reason or another we are locked in. People with less money who can't afford to just jump when we feel like it or buy a new flagship phone every couple of months as several of you do, do not live in your world.

Posted via the Android Central App
    If that is your only reason for not changing, that won't be an issue. We switched to T-Mobile, didn't have to pay any ETF's before turning the bill into T-Mobile to pay. We had no phoned financed, so we didn't need them to pay that off. We traded old or just bought, cheap phones in and kept our current ones and had them unlocked by AT&T. Then we bought 5 new devices, out all of them on the payment plan.

With 5 new devices, which included two Samsungs and two iPhones, our monthly bill is less than AT&T was and 3 times the data. We also got such good deals on all phones that two are paid off and two left to pay off in a couple of months. When those other two are paid off in a couple of months, our monthly bill will then be even $100 a month cheaper than AT&T and instead of 15 gb of shared data, we each have 10 gb of free LTE rollover data a month, unlimited lower data and 5 new phones, all for the cost of $140 a month.

So if the cost of switching is your only reason, that won't be an issue. AT&T and T-Mobile both have deals for switching over, T-Mobile has the best deals and better prices on phones though.
    r56mcs likes this.
    09-27-2015 11:31 AM
    That is no different than if Comcast blocked your computer from using your online banking service.
    But is Verizon really doing something to actively block Samsung Pay? Or are they just not offering some extra service that carriers need to provide in order to support it?
    09-27-2015 11:45 AM
    But is Verizon really doing something to actively block Samsung Pay? Or are they just not offering some extra service that carriers need to provide in order to support it?
    They are not allowing Samsung owners to access a free service that other Samsung owners have, unless they decide to allow it.

In function, it is superior to Android Pay. Any of the swipe terminals can be used with your phone, the merchant doesn't have to be a part of Android Pay or Apple Pay, with special terminals, to accept Samsung Pay. It is also something that is accepted worldwide.

So to answer your question, yes, as of now, Verizon is actively blocking their users from accessing a service that doesn't even involve the carrier. By Samsung having banks sign up, it all goes through your bank completely.
    r56mcs likes this.
    09-27-2015 11:53 AM
    I just used Samsung pay in Costco, it worked great and very fast, so Amex is also working great. I'm mentioning this because for some reasons we could add all oir AMEX on Friday but apparently they closed that as I'm trying to add the same cards but to my wife's S6 edge and it simply says failed to register cards, but I hope that by tomorrow everything is running as expected.

One thing though, it was the first time I tried using one of my Amex cards, but as soon as I paid with SPay, I received the notification, but when I opened it it brought me to the card details on SPay but I can see not just the recent transactions paid with SPay but all my previous card transactions. I really don't know yet if I like that, and honestly I prefer to have just the transactions I paid with SPay for all the other transactions I can always open the Amex app and see all from there. What I don't understand is that with my Bank of America Visa card, I just see the details of the transactions I did with S Pay and I kind of like that more.
    09-27-2015 01:44 PM
    I have a debit card attached to Android Pay.

Posted from my Note 5 via the Android Central App
    09-27-2015 01:51 PM
    Which bank?

09-27-2015 01:52 PM
    Hopefully PayPal debit cards will be accepted as well!
    09-27-2015 01:59 PM
    Anyone have experience with credit unions? My Desert Schools card works in Android Pay, but I'm unsure if it will work on Samsung Pay

09-27-2015 02:44 PM
    Yes, I agree that Samsung Pay is far more useful.

So to answer your question, yes, as of now, Verizon is actively blocking their users from accessing a service that doesn't even involve the carrier.
    Thanks, that would be good to know. Can you point me to a source for that information, please? I haven't been able to find that distinction discussed in any of the online articles I've seen about Samsung Pay's unavailability on Verizon.
    09-27-2015 03:25 PM
    One thing though, it was the first time I tried using one of my Amex cards, but as soon as I paid with SPay, I received the notification, but when I opened it it brought me to the card details on SPay but I can see not just the recent transactions paid with SPay but all my previous card transactions. I really don't know yet if I like that, and honestly I prefer to have just the transactions I paid with SPay for all the other transactions I can always open the Amex app and see all from there. What I don't understand is that with my Bank of America Visa card, I just see the details of the transactions I did with S Pay and I kind of like that more.
    That is how Apple Pay works and I love it as I don't need any third party apps like BillGuard to monitor my transactions.

09-27-2015 03:57 PM
    Yes, I agree that Samsung Pay is far more useful.

Thanks, that would be good to know. Can you point me to a source for that information, please? I haven't been able to find that distinction discussed in any of the online articles I've seen about Samsung Pay's unavailability on Verizon.
    I'm confused.. A source for which distinction?
    09-27-2015 04:01 PM
    Declined at batteries plus.
    This is the only place so far.
    09-27-2015 04:10 PM
    When will i be able to use samsung pay on my tmobile note 5 cause its nit working for me still?
    09-27-2015 04:11 PM
    When will i be able to use samsung pay on my tmobile note 5 cause its nit working for me still?
    Tomorrow
    09-27-2015 04:11 PM
    Declined at batteries plus.
    This is the only place so far.
    Was the "swipe" not recognized, or was it recognized but then the card was declined?
    09-27-2015 04:18 PM
    Card was declined

Total amount due was 108

Edit: well it failed again at safeway. I think us bank put a hold on my card because I used it so much. I went shopping with my daughter and paid at 4 different locations today before it started failing. Ugh.
    09-27-2015 04:21 PM
    If you currently own and use a Samsung S6, S6 edge, or Note5 and your carrier is Verizon Wireless, and you want to be able to use Samsung Pay like every other owner of Samsung's newest phones, with other carriers, go to the Verizon Forum and let them know!

It will take you literally two minutes or less to post a message, asking that Verizon let their customers participate in Samsung Pay!

The more messages they get, the more likely they'll approve it.

If you really want to light a match under their a$$, call them!
    Will they even listen to those on forums?
    It must be a business decision for them...a dumb one imo
    09-27-2015 04:27 PM
    I just wanna know will my td bank visa 💳 work tomorrow once Samsung pay is official?

09-27-2015 05:41 PM
    How can I start using s pay?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    09-27-2015 05:51 PM
    Will I get a update tomorrow because I got 112 mb update from sprint, but when I click on Samsung pay its still like a ad

09-27-2015 05:55 PM
    How can I start using s pay?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    You should be able to use it tomorrow as long as you are using Samsung pay supported device.
    09-27-2015 06:01 PM
    I just downloaded Samsung Pay out of beta! Nationwide Apple Pay Shaming starts now 😎

jboogie1289 likes this.
    09-27-2015 06:29 PM
    Will I get a update tomorrow because I got 112 mb update from sprint, but when I click on Samsung pay its still like a ad

Tomorrow morning when you open Samsung Pay it should offer an install button. With all the phones in the USA going live tomorrow morning I wouldn't be surprised to see some delays.
    09-27-2015 06:35 PM
    What is the version number?
    09-27-2015 06:35 PM
501 ... 23456 ...