11-29-2015 01:00 AM
501 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Until they support Chase Sapphire it's a useless app to me.

Posted with Samsung Galaxy S6.
    09-28-2015 07:53 AM
    Shouldn't Samsung Pay appear under Settings, NFC and payment, tap and pay? Only Android Pay is there even though I have SP installed as well? How would my phone know to use to Spay at the register if only Android Pay is listed as tap and pay?

The panda has spoken
    09-28-2015 07:53 AM
    Not to sound bitchy, but shouldn't Sammy negociate these agreements prior to releasing the app? When you release it, people can use it not wait for their bank to get on board...

The panda has spoken
    I may be wrong but I would imagine that many of the financial institutions might be taking a wait and see attitude. Nothing is free and gearing up your internal infrastructure to be able to work with Samsung Pay, all while maintaining high security, is no flip of the switch.
    09-28-2015 08:03 AM
    Just installed and it looks like a great thing. Too bad NONE of the cards I use are supported.....oh well. I was really excited about this product. Unless my credit union gets added, I doubt I'll be using it. Does anyone know if it is up to the bank or Samsung to add the cards? If up to the bank I will most definitely email them.
    09-28-2015 08:06 AM
    I have promo too..
    I love the irony of the free WALLET case. When samsung pay is "supposed" eliminate carrying around physical cards. Lol

Sent using my gorgeous Korean Phone and its clicky stick...
    I've updated everything and activated card but still don't see anything in the announcements tab. Wonder if they're out already.

Sent from Da Beast, AKA, The classy white, Galaxy Note 5
    09-28-2015 08:10 AM
    Doesn't accept my bb&t visa debit card I thought that it would bc it has visa logo

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-28-2015 08:13 AM
    My bank card doesn't say not supported, it just says failed to register, but I doubt my bank is supported, I really just wanted to activate a card to get a free charger

Delirious D likes this.
    09-28-2015 08:30 AM
    I just emailed my bank and they said they would be supporting Samsung pay in the future but didn't have a release date yet. So, good to know it will eventually be supported.
    09-28-2015 08:33 AM
    Went and replied - fwiw. I really hope they come around.
    09-28-2015 08:33 AM
    Check this out! Get a free accessory when you activate Samsung pay!! ☺

Yeah I'm getting the pop-up but when I go to my Announcement page is blank, not even the prior announcements that were there until last night.

** EDIT - Even if it appears again it won't apply to me simply because I live in Puerto Rico, when you look at Samsung Pay webpage it says that is valid only to the 50 states and the District of Columbia. Again, we Puertoricans, being US Citizens by birth, living in a US territory and treated as second class citizens.
    Delirious D likes this.
    09-28-2015 08:38 AM
    Yeah I'm getting the pop-up but when I go to my Announcement page is blank, not even the prior announcement that were there until last night.
    Same here

09-28-2015 08:40 AM
    Is there anyone here who had been successful with the free accessory offer yet?

09-28-2015 08:41 AM
    What process do you use to "send the Samsung pay .apk over"?

I have a buddy with at&t note 5, can I get the apk from him somehow?
    Never mind, think I figured out how to send the apk over. Looks like there are lots of apps in the play store that do exactly that...send an app/apk from one phone to another.

I really hope this works. I'm traveling but will have my buddy send me his app (he has note5 on at&t) when I get back on wednesday.

Can anyone else confirm that this works?
    09-28-2015 08:49 AM
    This is false advertisement or bait and switch. They announce the offer but when you register, activate and add a card successfully, they automatically remove the offer so they don't have to fulfill this promotion. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen. I'm glad people took screen shots of this promotion. Keep them so if Samsung denies it, we have proof the offer did exists. We also have the time stamps on the screen shots because it's hard to believe they already ran out in the first couple of minutes of the offer.
    09-28-2015 08:49 AM
    Doesn't accept my bb&t visa debit card I thought that it would bc it has visa logo

For the moment, only BoA and Citi issued cards work. Hang in there.

09-28-2015 08:51 AM
    Is the gesture a single finger swipe up? On Nova Prime, two finger swipe up to access settings in Nova Prime.

09-28-2015 08:52 AM
    Added my Citi debit card. My chase, Barclay and Capital One will have to wait but I don't use them as much as my debit card anyway so I'm all set.
    09-28-2015 08:57 AM
    Here's a link to the offer page. Seems you have to participate in the offer through the app but some of us aren't getting the pop up.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=mcbt5aNj

09-28-2015 09:07 AM
    I got the offer popup, added a card (one that I won't use but only card available for it right now) and went under 'more, announcements' and it's blank. No offer listed.
    09-28-2015 09:08 AM
    Just got this notification from Samsung pay.... Offer still doesn't appear in announcement yet.

Attached Thumbnails Samsung pay officially released!!-1479.jpg  
    09-28-2015 09:22 AM
    They go to the banks directly, which takes everyone out of the mix. That info comes from my discussions with Google and Samsung Pay. There is nothing for a carrier to enable, this is something that is not carrier dependent, just like Android Pay.
    And you're sure Samsung doesn't withhold the app unless the carrier can certify or demonstrate that the phone is locked down to Samsung's satisfaction?
    09-28-2015 09:55 AM
    Is there anyone here who had been successful with the free accessory offer yet?

No. The thing has disappeared from Announcements for me.

09-28-2015 09:56 AM
    Is the gesture a single finger swipe up? On Nova Prime, two finger swipe up to access settings in Nova Prime.

The swipe up is from the border between the edge of the screen and the home button. If you use Nova and have some gestures set already it may confuse you, so I'd advise to delete the Swipe up gesture from Nova if you are planning to use S Pay.
    09-28-2015 10:07 AM
    This is false advertisement or bait and switch. They announce the offer but when you register, activate and add a card successfully, they automatically remove the offer so they don't have to fulfill this promotion. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen. I'm glad people took screen shots of this promotion. Keep them so if Samsung denies it, we have proof the offer did exists. We also have the time stamps on the screen shots because it's hard to believe they already ran out in the first couple of minutes of the offer.
    No the offer is online at Samsung Pay.
    09-28-2015 10:15 AM
    No the offer is online at Samsung Pay.
    It can only be fulfilled from within the app which they remove as soon as you register and add a qualifying card.
    09-28-2015 10:16 AM
501 ... 7891011 ...