Samsung pay officially released!!

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Pay And Android Pay

I was wondering if anyone tried the "Prioritize Foreground Application" option? I believe this means that if I went to a store that accepts both MST/NFC and I swiped up S-Pay, it should work as priority over A-Pay. Obviously if I don't swipe up S-Pay, then A-Pay will work automatically. Has anyone test this out? I haven't as of yet. Notice I have A-Pay as my default! Thanks.

Screenshot_2015-09-20-21-41-20[1].jpg

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Pay And Android Pay

I don't have S-pay so I don't know how it will work. Hopefully that is the case though.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

Dominator81

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung Pay And Android Pay

It work when it was just Wallet, but I haven't tried it since it updated to Android

Posted via the Android Central App

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Another Samsung Pay Beta Update 9-23-15

I didn't see what the update was for. Did anyone see it or know what the update is? Thanks.

Screenshot_2015-09-23-17-49-44.jpg

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Pay Tips and Tricks

Android pay works only if the card reader has nfc capability. Samsung pay works with nfc or just magnetic strip reader

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Can you all share the Tap and pay settings for the ones that are working fine? Today it was my first day trying to use Samsung Pay with my new Bank of America card and of the 3 times I tried 2 times it failed, the only one that worked was on Walgreens and I'm almost sure that it used just the NFC part of it and not the MST.

I called Samsung Pay CSR and explained them and offered them to send the picture I took from one of the terminals (I'm almost sure that both were the same), just the regular magnetic readers we see most of the time in our local business, mostly because one bank/private company controls most of these systems.

Take a look at the reader yourself and tell me what you think, I tried for over a minute on both of them, from all possible angles and positions, and nothing. I'm just thinking that maybe because I had Android Pay and just disabled it a couple of days ago something may be forcing to use NFC instead of the MST and because this terminals don't have NFC it didn't work, hence it just worked on Walgreens. In my Tap and Pay settings I had and still have Samsung Pay as my primary but the Prioritize option was off, didn't think I need it as I don't have Android Pay enabled, I just turned it on but can't try it as I'm at home already, but I'd love to hear your inputs about this.

What do you think it may be causing this, some settings or maybe that type of readers will be a no go? I hope it's not that as it will be frustrating because like I mentioned above, most of the local commerce work with this type of readers. Thanks

20150923_155906.jpg

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
So, Citi card got activated today in Samsung Pay!!!

Woot! Added and activated my Citi card with Samsung Pay today!

Tried adding AMEX but failed to validate!

Attachments

• 2282.jpg
    2282.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 118

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: So, Citi card got activated today in Samsung Pay!!!

Awesome! Just added mine too. But I haven't tried paying with the Citi yet.

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

So jealous. Waiting on Amex and Discover. And maybe someday Chase.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site

Good find. Just added my Citi card to go along with my 2 bank of America cards.... Was a no go on Discover American express and 2 different Chase cards though. I'm pretty sure some of my other cards wouldn't go if the 4 above didn't. Can't wait till the 28th and see more and more cards joining Samsung pay.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

I tried at Trader Joe today. Apple Pay works fine here as I have used it and Android Pay also works sans the necessity to unlock (still fingerprint) to pay.

When I tried Samsung Pay, I didn't get the app automatically come up until I swiped from bottom.

Is this the usual behavior? Shouldn't it work like how Apple Pay works? Just tap and it should come up, ask for your fingerprint to complete payment?

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

So far for me it's worked with a swipe up from the bottom, fingerprint, pay. This works with screen on, screen off, screen locked.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site

Yep Citi is live. Just used it.

Attachments

• 1212.jpg
    1212.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 95